Author Topic: None Too Shabby Hotel Room View  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
None Too Shabby Hotel Room View
« on: April 21, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »

Just for once, as a treat for the good lady (and me of course) - a stay at the Ece Saray in Fethiye.

Magnificent.

And the price? Through sunshine.co.uk the same as I paid for the Premier Inn at Newcastle Airport  :)

Direct link to Ece Saray at sunshine.co.uk

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 12:58:09 PM »
That's gorgeous!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: None Too Shabby Hotel Room View
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 13:03:07 PM »
Stunning - thanks for sharing.  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 13:09:04 PM »
It is a sensational place, all rooms have a marina view and the staff are superb. We phoned down for the wifi password and they sent a man up to the room and he did it all! It's also the only hotel I know where they have a tea and coffee self service area at breakfast (which is on the roof - close to paradise first thing in the morning) and refuse to let you serve yourself. Inside it is wonderful - all marble, mozaic and stained glass. Outside however when you get up close the facade is literally falling apart. The good news is that this is being sorted currently and the work has begun on rear of the building and the areas that have been repaired are looking great, some real craftsmen at work.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 17:18:15 PM »
It is beautiful, our friends stayed there last September, they loved it and it was their first time ever in Turkey. We had dinner a couple if times with them there outside and it was excellent, it does need a bit of TLC here and there, but the ambience on a balmy summer night is intoxicating. They had a good late booking deal through an agent and are planning on going back this year.

Offline lucie

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 00:25:42 AM »
The facade was crumbling back  in February ?2003 when we stayed on our one week  "inspection" trip,courtesy of a "builder". (Didn't  buy then). Heating was also broken due to bad weather but we were provided with an electric fire and managed ok. The breakfasts were the best I have ever had ,with the most fantastic olives !
Have never seen the facade since those days. Pity it hasn't been improved.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 09:18:46 AM »
It has been improved. As I said, the work has commenced on the rear of the building first and it is not a polyfilla and lick of paint job, it looks like a full reinstatement. I assume this is the first real work of any substance on the outside of the building in maybe 20 years or more. I first saw it "close up" in early 2004 - when I regularly would collect customers from there.

I always thought it would be great to stay there (based on location, service and internal) but living in Calis made that a bit silly as ideas go. Hence fulfilling that particular wish last week  :)

Offline daveG

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 10:11:55 AM »
Good for you Keith. Spent many a happy hour sitting at the outside bar smoking a cigar (not from the hotel cigar bar)and drinking a glass or two, which invariably requires a runner to the hotel as their stocks are depleted (again) and then on payment..sorry no change and you wait and wait
watching the" illuminated fish" but hey ho!! that's what we know and love about Turkey.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 10:36:50 AM »
We did the opposite Keith, about 10 years ago we always stayed in Ovacik, but we stayed in Mutlu on Calis front for 1 night. At £20  I bet it was lots cheaper than EceSaray! It was lovely none the less and we thoroughly enjoyed it, I remember we went into the tents and had a terrific traditional Turkish experience with lots if local families.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf