Author Topic: Third 'bedroom'  (Read 12014 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Third 'bedroom'
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
We are probably going to have our top veranda made into a bedroom this year. Firstly if anyone has had it done can they give me an idea of cost.

Secondly if anyone is thinking of having it done (locally) it might be worthwhile getting together to see if we can get a cheaper quote if a few of us have it done at the same time.

I think it was frowned upon at one time but many of the Turkish owners, including some committee members, have had it done. We rarely sit up there and it seems a good idea now that more of us want to go at the same time.

For those that don't know our complex here is a picture. If you look at the house on the far left it has already been done with something similar to what we want.

Thanks

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Third 'bedroom'
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 13:09:23 PM »
Stoop - funnily enough I have asked a builder today who was working on our site to quote me for opening up a roof terrace on the back of our apartment and he said "you really need permission from the belediye" so I said "fine we will do that" - to which he said "they will say no - they always say no"

So I will give you a price to do it and a price to put it back and if you save the tiles we take off for a year or so we can put it back if we have to - this will only happen if a neighbour complains - do you have any neighbours who don't like you?"

Now I am very popular so hopefully not a problem   ;)

Food for thought ? 

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Third 'bedroom'
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 14:54:58 PM »
We got fined 2500tl 8 years ago for changing the look of the outside by Ciftlik Belediye.
They didnt make us change  it back and apparently the planning application would have cost the same as the fine.
I would check first.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 17:31:22 PM »
Seems it is frowned upon but only if your property fronts the roadside which ours doesn't. Many of the comittee members who originally said it wasn't allowed have had theirs done.

Thanks anyway. We will look into it with whichever builder we choose.

Offline quackers

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 06:01:36 AM »
I understood that ıf you dıd ıt you paıd a fıne as you are ıncreasıng your lıvıng permıssıon. The changes made to the buıldıng wıll be left untıl you try and sell then ıt would have to be taken back to orıgınal buıld because the changes are not on your orıgınal buıldıng plan.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 08:57:35 AM »
Cheers Quackers. I guess we can live with that. It's only two double glazed sides and an air con unit after all. Might be worth asking around to see if those who have already done it have had to pay a fine.

Thing is it is not an extension as it is already within the property - we are simply blocking in the veranda. Many have done it and one even blocked in their bottom veranda to make a conservatory. I hear they got grief for that as it fronted the road but its still there after about 5 years. I think you might know where I mean.

If we do sell I'm sure we can come to some arrangement with the buyer - even take it down and sell it back ;-)

Offline quackers

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 10:22:49 AM »
It may be wıthın the property but you wıll be turnıng ıt ınto an extra lıvıng space (an extra bedroom) In the Uk you would need plannıng permıssıon and the same applıes out here. They lıke to keep all propertıes on complex's (sıte's) the same. My frıend dıd the same as you want to and was fıned 2000tl and had to take the roof down to a lower level and ıt would all have to be removed ıf he sells. As I understand ıt you can put canılever glass or plastıc around your balcony as ıt ıs not a permanent fıxture.
There ıs a vılla on Çağrı Kent that has made hıs balcony another lıvıng space and ıt ıs cantılever glass and so ıs the one on Çıcek Sıtesı but there are ones wıth permanent closed ın to balconıes. The vılla on the Sıte opposıte me ıs addıng bedrooms to hıs top floor  (turkısh owned) does he have plannıng permıssıon , who knows but I bet he asked hıs neıghbours fırst ıf they would object rather than spend hard earned money and ıt was wasted . Also had an englısh frıend who's turkısh neıghbours wanted to put a balcony on they're apartment and he was asked for hıs permıssıon as ıt overlooked hıs property. He wrote a letter to the Beledıyere and gave permıssıon.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 13:36:42 PM »
We would be adding two Upvc and glass sides which would have sliding doors I think. Loads have done it on our site over the last few years. No roof required or brickwork. So the only thing to remove would be the Upvc sides.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 13:38:40 PM »
Oh - in the UK you would do it under building regulations I think. We have just converted our garage into living space and no planning permission required.

As I said - it might be best to discuss it with those who have done it before we go ahead.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 13:42:15 PM »
So - would two sets if patio doors be classed as permanent? That's what many have done - like the one in the picture (the owner is/ was the site manager).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf