Author Topic: Bespoke Leather ?  (Read 2198 times)

Offline tonyb

Bespoke Leather ?
« on: June 22, 2013, 18:46:47 PM »
Many years ago I bought a fabulous bespoke brown leather belt in Rhodes Town that will probably outlive me. Does anyone know of a shop/saddler in or near Fethiye that will make a seriously good, thick, black leather belt at a reasonable price. The reason I ask is that I've looked on the web & quite frankly, belts for jeans, although wide enough, are pretty thin, ridiculously overpriced, don't look particularly well made or built to last.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Bespoke Leather ?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 21:11:20 PM »
You could try some of the leather shops in Paspatur.  However, we have just bought some lovely leather stuff including a belt from a company in Fife, Scotland.  We first used this company thirty years ago and the same guy is still there.  His produceds are second to none and the leather is just lovely.  He sits making handbags, belts etc in his shop and we have never found anyone as good.
http://www.balbirnieleather.com/

Offline tonyb

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 22:13:34 PM »
Thanks Jacqui, just had a look at the site,excellent quality belts, might just order a couple, but don't tell them how cheap the are for such quality, they'll double the price !!!. Same quality belts on other sights 50 pound +.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 12:41:11 PM »
If you ever get the chance pay them a visit. They are in the middle of Balbirnie Park at Markinch, Fife.  There is a large Hotel in the middle of the park with nice bars and a restaurant and  the old stables and courtyard are filled with craft shops.  It's a lovely place to browse around. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf