Author Topic: Whoop!  (Read 16251 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Whoop!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 16:10:11 PM »
Thanks all for your good wishes.
Slik is trying to keep my feet on the floor, saying he hasnt made the offer yet...but I,m thinking he will.
Fingers crossed, he,s as good as his word.
See what tommorow brings.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 02:48:41 AM »
Everything crossed for you Bernie.  :o

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 17:50:43 PM »
Your mouth to God,s ears Scunner.
The estate agents has closed and no word...tut
  Back to the drawing board it is then
:( :( :(

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 18:05:28 PM »
Oh..... :(

Offline Menthol

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 01:10:51 AM »
Bummer  :(

Why say you're going to make an offer and then don't?  >:(

You never know, he might have just needed time to think about it. See what Tuesday brings.   ;)

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 04:25:15 AM »
Lots of people do this, not sure why!

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 05:49:55 AM »
Surely it would be easier to say, thanks we will let you know..or is that too simple.
Got myself in such a tiz before,during and after, this has taught me a big fat lesson.
Onwards and Upwards.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 06:13:49 AM »
Over 30 years working as an Estate Agent in the UK I witnessed this on many occasion and have heard many reasons as to why people do this.
Sometimes it's just because they don't want to upset the vendor by saying to their face that they didn't like the property/view/decor (FTB's are notorious for that one because they can't see beyond the decor and don't realise it is easy to change).
Other times however potential buyers do feel under pressure to make a decision on the spot so say things they think they are supposed to, when really they need time to think and compare the property with others they are or have viewed.
I used to tell sellers that although its good to get an offer, that is all it is at the time and to think along the lines of:

1) They might say they have a 'mortgage in principle' but that means nothing other than it is based on what they have told the broker but nothing has been verified.

2) Be pleased, but don't get too excited as due to the UK system where a purchaser or seller can withdraw anytime prior to exchange of contacts without financial penalty, it seems sometimes that the moving day will never come then you can get stressed but there really is no need.

3) Don't always take as gospel the agent who says "they want to be in within 6 weeks" as he will have also told the purchaser that you "want to be out within 6 weeks", the corporate companies in particular use this tactic to keep the momentum going as it is a fact that when things start to drag on sales the 'fall out rate' increases as people start having second thoughts, also it helps with the agency cash flow.

4) Avoid direct contact with your buyers, unless you are a proficient salesperson, negotiate everything through your agent and keep it in mind that this is a commercial transaction and not a hunt for new best friends!

When we purchased our last UK home it took over 8 months from offer to completion and although it was frustrating at times we took the view that it would not affect our lives unduly and if it wasn't meant to be then so be it!

At the other end of the spectrum, as an agent I showed a couple around a property that they fell in love with so much that contracts were exchanged less than 7 hours later so it can go very fast if the circumstances dictate and everything falls neatly into place.

Just remember there is a buyer for every property and that for every one that slips away, there will be a better purchaser just waiting for a chance to buy your property.

Most of all relax as you don't want to be so stressed out when you move that you don't enjoy the experience of relocating to Turkey.

Good luck  8)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 06:32:39 AM »
Great post Hamlet.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 08:04:52 AM »
Thanks Hamlet great advice.
Slik is very laid back and said the same, like I said big fat lesson..and if I cant cope with
Waiting uk style, i,ll be completely lost with Turkish timing.
Happy Tuesday Everyone

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf