Author Topic: Wall Tiling  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Wall Tiling
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 08:54:24 AM »
I think that a lot of people over in Turkey seem to take a long time to answer their emails.  As you will be over the same time as us we will give him a try, so if we hear from him we will ask him would he answer you mail too.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 09:02:34 AM »
We are here at the moment, we have all the ingredients, but as we had to leave 6 weeks early in May we had to leave the place with no bathroom, thinking it would be easier now the season is ending to get trades people, how wrong, they are just not interested or not answering.  Another problem we are encountering is, someone who would "give it a go" ummmm no thanks, I could give it a go.  Gordon could do it but his knees will not hold out for the flooring part, or going up a ladder for the high ceiling.   

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 09:08:16 AM »
There is a guy we have used in Calis called Mustapha.  Our neighbours told us about him.  He seems to employ people of all trades.  I know he is an Electrician himself.  He put in wardrobes and cupboads for us and in May he put a new roof on our shed.  He actually turned up the same day we rang him to ask about the work and started the day after.  He is friends with the people who had Boston's and did work for them.
We have his number in our Turkish Mobile.  So, I will ask Phil for it and p.m. you with it if you wish?

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 09:11:01 AM »
I would be very grateful, I am getting fed up now and want to go home!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 09:47:45 AM »
O.K. Loz, Phil  is charging up his phone as we speak.   One thing to know is Mustapha does not speak a lot of English, but usually tells you his friend will call you back.  His friend speaks perfect English.  Will be in touch

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 11:54:24 AM »
Thank you, no English is OK, Gordon can get by with Turkish.  I will not be booking return tickets just yet, Handy Man Memhet has just replied to my email and I must slap my wrist for typing our tele number incorrectly. 

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »
Return tickets ??!! We've only just got here woman !! Behave yersel'.!!   8) :angel:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf