Author Topic: Scrapping a motorcycle  (Read 3288 times)

Offline simpsons

Scrapping a motorcycle
« on: September 11, 2013, 13:08:09 PM »
Hi, just wonder if anyone can help me. I have got a motorbike which is not working due to it needing a new engine. I dont want the bike anymore and as its on an M plate, i dont want the hassle of selling it for parts or repair. Does anyone know the procedure of where and how to scrap it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Scrapping a motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 13:09:40 PM »
1. Take to canal bridge

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 14:02:36 PM »
There is a place on the sanayi that they call the motorcycle graveyard - I suspect they would know as it seems all the old bikes / scooters are there for spares - might be worth going over.

Offline billy3107

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 10:17:55 AM »
Can,t believe this has just been posted I have just logged on to ask the very same question,have you any more details about the place on the sanayi Ian

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 10:53:03 AM »
I think you have to scrap it via the Trafik Polis offices on the Antalya Road going up towards Karaculha. One of the translators recommended on here will know the correct procedure.

Offline billy3107

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 09:51:56 AM »
I have been informed by a Turkish friend Traffic Polis on the Antalya Road tell them Hurdaya Gikarmak istiyorum and you will need your number plate scooter documents passport res permit etc I am giving it a try Monday

Offline billy3107

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 09:31:25 AM »
Took all the stuff to the Traffic Polis but they still said I need to fill a couple of forms in could,nt really understand what but I think one was from the tax office.Asked the polis how much their charge was told me  66lira.Took all my docs etc to ADA Trafik Musavirligi Sigorta who are located directly across the road from the Polis station.Arif Kacar sorted it all out and charged 100 lira including the Polis fee So his fee was roughly 11quid job done took about 45 mins  scooter now gone and Mrs Billy the proud owner of a new electric scooter 

Offline simpsons

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 14:14:20 PM »
Hi Billy, Thanks for the information. I am still scrapping my motorbike, so I have just one question to ask. Did they arrange to pick up your bike, or do you have to sort it out yourself.
Thanks

Offline billy3107

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 18:06:48 PM »
Sort it out yourself However,where we live they come round all the time with a handcart shouting eski something and picking up scrap washers and bits of tat I am sure they would take it.But ask the guy across from the Polis station how much he wants before he starts the process for you including the Polis fee because as you know they make it up as they go along sometimes I have been ripped a few times like we all have The Polis fee is definately 66 lira
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 18:24:35 PM by billy3107 »

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 23:10:03 PM »
Read the instructions very carefully - it will say..."Light the blue touch paper and...........!"   ;D ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf