Author Topic: Knitters wanted  (Read 5108 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Knitters wanted
« on: November 06, 2013, 19:23:04 PM »
We have been asked by a local rehabilitation centre we support if we can help ten children from extremely poor families. Amongst other items they are in need of jumpers and obviously need at least  two each for the winter. The children are aged between 8 and 12 and we would be so grateful if any knitters could possibly help us with this . We have seen what they are wearing at this present time and believe me it would make such a difference to them to have warm clothing. They all suffer from some sort of medical problem which is why they attend the rehabilitation centre so by doing this we could at least ease some of their suffering by providing them with decent clothing. Please help if you can. We are trying to sort out the other items they need .  Many thanks for reading this and even more thanks if you can help .

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Re: Knitters wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 19:44:00 PM »
I do so hope there are knitters out there to help. Warm clothing is something we all take for granted and these poor souls are just asking for 2 warm jumpers. An ill divided world indeed.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 19:54:25 PM »
Is it possible to send a donation to buy some sweaters, can knit, can purchase from Asda, but the cost of postage will be prohibitive, if they ever get there, very happy to donate money for a jumper or two.

Offline patrice

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 21:45:12 PM »
I will not be in Turkey until end of December is this to late....happy to put a couple of jumpers in my case

Offline mallyc

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 00:35:02 AM »
Is it possible to send a donation to buy some sweaters, can knit, can purchase from Asda, but the cost of postage will be prohibitive, if they ever get there, very happy to donate money for a jumper or two.

Same here, maybe setup a PayPal account for donations Mavis, just a thought.

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 07:49:34 AM »
Many thanks you good people for replying and I am trying to get something sorted about payments and will contact you. We are very grateful for your offers of help . xx

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 08:59:08 AM »
Mavis, how many of the younger children are there as the 3C's have some lovely new hand knitted jumpers which have been made for us by our band of UK knitters,  that we would willingly give to the youngsters if they are the right sizes.  Unfortunately,  we do not think that they will  fit the older children but if you can give us an idea of the ages and sizes (and sex as we have some pretty girlie colours) we can try and sort some out for them.   Please let us know.

Chrissie   :)

Offline ceni

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 12:19:43 PM »
I'm happy to do some for the children, if there is someone I can post them to who could pass them on to the right place.

What ages am I looking at to knit for?

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 12:39:17 PM »
Hi Mavis, I can knit and am happy to do so, however, I'm no good without a pattern - I'll leave it with you

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 13:40:12 PM »
I also asked on Facebook and as a surprise but welcome development, we have offers of donations of wool, plenty of wool, from people who would like to help but can't knit.

So if anyone over there can take that wool and create little jumpers, please make yourself known  :)

Embrace are a lovely little charity, helping change lives over there. They perhaps don't get the publicity 3Cs and AA generate but they quietly get on with their fabulous work.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf