Author Topic: Knitters wanted  (Read 5050 times)

Offline Rosy

Re: Knitters wanted
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 14:20:51 PM »
If you have any wool left over from knitting jumpers please think of knitting an 8 inch square to give to FIG as they are putting them together to make blankets for the Syrian refugees in Turkey who live in  tents.

It is so rewarding to see how people use their talents and hobbies to help others. It really is the seasom
n of good will to all

Offline mallyc

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 22:24:04 PM »
I also asked on Facebook and as a surprise but welcome development, we have offers of donations of wool, plenty of wool, from people who would like to help but can't knit.

So if anyone over there can take that wool and create little jumpers, please make yourself known   :)

Embrace are a lovely little charity, helping change lives over there. They perhaps don't get the publicity 3Cs and AA generate but they quietly get on with their fabulous work.

Well Said.

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 08:34:23 AM »
Many thanks for posting on facebook Keith and yes we would be grateful for the wool as I have a couple of ladies willing to knit for us. How do we get access to the wool please . Also can the people who kindly offered cash donations please send them to Keith at the forum via paypal  . Our intention is to clothe them completely if it is possible. Thanks for any help in any way.  Mavis and the team x

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 08:46:43 AM »
I will ask if they can drop the wool into the Embrace shop or Vojos Mavis.

In case people don't know, the Embrace shop is along the Gunlukbasi road, coming from Calis to Fethiye direction - where you turn left for Uzumlu-on-the-hill DON'T - turn RIGHT (at the bakery), it is down there a very short distance down on the right, next to the Wella Hairdressers.

I believe it is open Tuesdays and Thursdays but if incorrect someone will point out I am sure.

Any donations for jumpers/wool/clothes I am happy to take to my paypal account which is keith @ calis-beach.co.uk (without the spaces) - please put a reference on it to ensure I realise it is for Embrace/Woolly jumpers :D

Thanks to any and all who support Mavis and the Embrace team. In case you have only been to Turkey in summer, I can confirm it gets bloody cold in winter - and kids so deserve the basic requirement that is to be warm  :)

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 08:55:09 AM »
Thanks for the e-mail Mavis, when you are able to come back with the number and sex of the younger children we will have a sort out and Pete and I will drop the new jumpers off to you at the Embrace shop next week.

I forgot to ask which Rehab Centre is it?

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 11:47:42 AM »
Thanks Chrissie    The school we are supporting at the moment is  Ozel Nursel Ozdemir  in Patlangic. Previously we spent a great deal of money at Son Atelim and decided it was only fair to help another school in need . They both cater for children with the same problems . I have just contacted the school and they will give me a list of the children on Monday and how many boys/girls and ages so we have a better idea . I will post the information as soon as I get it.

Offline AgingDave

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 16:54:35 PM »
For every ones information , the Embrace charity shop is open Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays 10am -4pm

Offline nick11

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 17:36:17 PM »
Mavis,

We come out on 22/12. Is this too late. If not, we will bring a couple of jumpers with us.

Thanks

Nick

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 21:05:41 PM »
Thanks very much and no it definitely won't be too late as it will still be winter .....

Offline patrice

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »
Hi Mavis
I am not sure if you are receiving my PE ..I have attempted to send you two but my sent box is empty . ???..Anyway yes gladly still happy to help out with jumpers
Just post what sizes you are likely to be short off .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf