Author Topic: New Years Day Fancy Dress "Splash"  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Pi55y

New Years Day Fancy Dress "Splash"
« on: November 19, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »

The 3C’s  are again organizing  their annual fancy dress sponsored “Big Splash” in the sea on New Year’s Day, I January.  Everyone is invited to join in - and it is certain to be a surefire cure for the excesses of the previous evening’s festivities!

The wacky annual event, now in its 6th year, will take place on the beach opposite Eyna Restaurant on Çalış promenade.  Assembly will be from 12.00 noon and the Big Splash will take place at 1.00. The owners of Eyna restaurant, Erhan and Nalan Acar are kindly providing free hot soup for the “splashers”.

The charity hopes that the brave "splashers" will seek sponsorship and wear fancy dress for the event - the wackier the better!  So if you want to join in, now is the time to start thinking of your costume. There will be a prize for the best costume.

Sponsorship forms will be available to pick up from the 3C’s charity shop at Eyna Restaurant (or from the restaurant when the shop is closed) and the Nil Bar in Çalış from this Friday or you can ring 0536 3739520 or email threecscharity@hotmail.com  - and please remember this event is open to everyone,  individuals, groups of friends, family and clubs,  whether you live in Çalış, Fethiye, Uzumlu, Hisaronu or even if you are over here on holiday. So get thinking of a costume, get sponsored,  get “splashing” and have fun  - whilst helping  the children.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: New Years Day Fancy Dress "Splash"
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »
Honestly The water isn't that cold... Its a fab morning out... Lots of people turn out to watch. If you have ever wanted to do this now is your chance.. and the chance to donate a bit to Turkish children. Some of whom have never even seen the sea... x

Offline quackers

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 21:16:57 PM »
Had a lovely mornıng down there last year. Good fun and lovely BBQ sausages as well.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 21:41:57 PM »
Honestly The water isn't that cold...

I found the sea in Calis/Fethiye too cold in August :D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 23:26:19 PM »
Us Yorkshire folk are made of stern stuff.. Seriously I jumped off Babadag for the kids so a bit of cold water wasn't that bad.. The 3cs will do what it takes for their Turkish children... Half an hours discomfort is worth it to see the smiles on their faces...plenty of time to get yourself a few sponsors and join in...   ;).

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 18:50:30 PM »
Just a reminder that it is the  3C's Sponsored Big Splash on New years Day.  If you want a laugh and a good way of getting rid of  the New Years Eve hangover why not come along dressed in whatever you have - the more ridiculously bizarre the better!
Saying that budgie smugglers will do   ;).

There is free soup for the brave splashers and you could win a bottle of wine for the best costume - and if you can get someone to sponsor you to raise money for the 3C's charity, even better. Assembly from 12 noon at the Eyna restaurant followed by the BIG SPLASH at 1.00 pm.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 11:23:12 AM »
Weather forecast for tommorrow is good, so why not come down to the prom & watch the fun?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 11:35:32 AM »
Bet Liz is going in? wink wink... Go on Liz. I dare you. lol. xxx Happy New Year. I hope it is a good one for you I know you don't do FB... Love Anne and Barrie. xx

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 14:23:28 PM »
Not a chance Anne, I have a very important task to do on dry land - making sure the soup is hot enough for all the nutters sorry, splashers. Maybe yourself & Barrie would like to do a Blackpool branch of splash tomorrow  ;D

Happy New Year to you both

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 15:46:01 PM »
Same as you. Not a hope. That's if we can even get near for their gales

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf