Author Topic: Charity Promises Auction 2014  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Pi55y

Charity Promises Auction 2014
« on: March 06, 2014, 13:10:02 PM »
I know it is still a long way off but the 3C's would like to announce that this year's annual Charity Promises Auction will take place on Wednesday 28 May  AND on Wednesday 4 June.

As the auction is now such a huge event and it can be a very long evening for both the bidders and the organisers, we have decided to split the auction over two nights this year, and hold them a week apart.  We hope that this will enable more people to attend and that it will not be such a late finish. Both auctions will contain a wide variety of Promises and the auction catalogues will make it very clear which lots are being auctioned on each night.

The Charity Auction is the Calis Children's Charity's biggest fundraiser of our fundraising year and every lira goes towards helping children and funding childrens projects in the local Calis/Fethiye area.
Last years auction raised a record 17,500TL.

As you can imagine,  if you have attended one of our auctions previously,  the event takes an enormous amount of organisation,  so the earlier we start the better.  If anyone wishes to pledge a "promise" it is never too early to do so and we at the 3C's (and of course the children who benefit) would be very pleased to receive these.

Please make a note of the two dates in your diary. Hopefully loads of you will be out on holiday then as it is half term in UK. 

Full details will be announced nearer the time. Thank you   

Offline Baznshir

Re: Charity Promises Auction 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 15:29:52 PM »
Sounds like a good idea because as the night wears on, lots start going for a fraction of their worth and the punters become thin on the ground. The whole idea is to bring in as much cash as can be raised and there is a chance that,, where the holiday-makers are concerned,some will have gone back home and their places will be filled with fresh faces. Having said that, most of the lots are bought by the regulars. Whatever the format, hope that it will be the best auction to date.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 15:50:22 PM »
Brilliant idea Chrissie. x

Offline sunlover

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 16:59:26 PM »
Great idea Chrissie.

And we will be there for both of them this year.... And certainly wont be missing it.

As usual for starters we will bring along the Cadburys chocolate selection, will let you know nearer the time what the package contains.

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 17:23:59 PM »
Never been to one yet, and unfortunately not going to be there for these either - we go home 27th May!  :(

I'm sure they'll be a great success as always though!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 19:57:52 PM »
Marine, We have only missed one.  We know when it  will be, the last week in May and know lots going on then, so we book our holiday to start that week.   I note you will be there for the street market on Sunday 25th.  We always go to that one too.
So, as the time of the event is always the same, keep this in mind for your next year's holiday.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 20:01:10 PM »
Thanks for the Cadburys chocolate promise Sunlover, as you know this always goes down really well. Will wait to hear details of what it contains in due course and glad you are here this year for the auctions.  Sorry you will miss them Marina but at least you should be here for our Spring Fair in Calis main street on Sunday 25 May.
I am glad that everyone so far thinks it is a good idea to hold it over two days.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 20:46:51 PM »
Sorry it,s been a long day, but I,m up for whatever you need me to do? Am I donating something, bidding..i,ve never been to one before.  ???  : :) ;D

Offline marina

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 21:21:00 PM »
Marine, We have only missed one.  We know when it  will be, the last week in May and know lots going on then, so we book our holiday to start that week.   I note you will be there for the street market on Sunday 25th.  We always go to that one too.
So, as the time of the event is always the same, keep this in mind for your next year's holiday.

Jacqui, we usually go middle two weeks of May or thereabouts.  We've managed to go to one of the street fairs a few years ago and see the Calis Carnival as I think it was held a bit earlier that year and enjoyed both.  So yes, Jacqui and Pi55y, we'll definitely be at this year's street fair    :)

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 22:00:15 PM »
What an excellent idea splitting the auction to 2 days.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf