Author Topic: New Residency  (Read 14831 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Re: New Residency
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2014, 16:50:23 PM »
Evie where did they get insurance how much and how old are they please.  :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2014, 16:58:11 PM »
Friends of ours put in for 1 year resedency (in Fethiye)  2 weeks ago with emergency insurance only -residencys back yesterday all ok.

Well that is good news, really pleased for them and hope others have the same outcome. It's been traumatic enough for those applying and testing out the new system in the first phase of this.

Offline marjo

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2014, 16:58:59 PM »
Please take time to read the various posts/articles regarding the General Directorate of Migration Management and residence permits on the UK in Turkey facebook page to see what the British Embassy, our Ambassador and the consular team are working on in respect of the difficulties British nationals are currently facing during this transition period following the introduction of the new Law on Foreigners and Internatinal Protection.
To say you have no support or that the consulate do not care is wrong, as an expat myself I am ensuring that our teams are doing as much as they can to help, but it is the Turkish authorities that determine the laws and the process of gaining clarity and definition to ensure consistency of rule application and understanding is a slow and difficult process. As soon as we receive information it is published, firstly on UK in Turkey facebook page and then on our website GOV.UK.
If you wish to contact us please do so on britembcon@fco.gov.uk.

Offline davybill

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2014, 17:13:30 PM »
Stopping the ten days grace and bringing in full insurance strait. Away,before anyone knew what is happening
Is not a slow process, tell that to over 30 people,on the Meis ferry,Wedensday pannicking,to get a visa,
And all the expats that have families coming out to visit them in the summer months.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 17:49:16 PM »
No use having a go at the FCO, their hands are tied by what the various ministries in Turkey decide, and lets face it...  it is Turkey we're talking about here.  If you wanted an easy ride with residency, health cover etc then there are numerous EU countries to choose from.  Jumping through hoops has always been part of the RP process, and that fact that no-one knows which hoop they have to jump through just now is all part of the charm of living in Turkey, so I've been told.

Stoop is bang on the money in respect of health insurance.  What happens when you do need care and find out the "policy" you used to obtain residency isn't worth an elastoplast at the ezcane?  The way they've gone about it is so typically Turkish, but I must confess that I agree with the sentiment of the new regulations. 

JF

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2014, 18:40:19 PM »
I also agree with the sentiment, to live here without insurance is risky although the risk isn't for the Turkish system to pay for your treatment, it's the individual  who would get a huge bill.
The number of times I hear people say they would go back to UK for treatment, well, if it was a heart attack, stroke etc that would be impossible.
So I totally agree that people should have cover, but... Feel dreadfully sorry for people over 70 and those who cannot get cover due to pre existing conditions.
Those people, need to decide if they take the gamble and stay and examine whether they could afford to pay for their treatment should the worse happen.
I don't believe it's for the Government to make it compulsory. ( although it doesn't say it is compulsory anywhere in the legislation anyway)
What's wrong is that the different areas are making up their own rules or don't know the new rules because the body who should be dealing with it isn't in place yet.
Also I feel sorry for those who've had to surrender their blue books and are technically illegal now and are being told they shouldn't leave the country til it's sorted.
God forbid they had an emergency and needed to fly back.

What worries me most is WHY it's changed to one year, whats the agenda???
What's to say they couldn't stop issuing residency altogether one day, its scary and very unsettling.

What's also bad is all the insurance people jumping on the bandwagon and selling policies without knowing if they're fit for purpose and giving people false hopes.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2014, 19:36:45 PM »
What worries me most is WHY it's changed to one year, whats the agenda???

Think politics, as opposed to pure immigration issues...

JF

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2014, 19:39:26 PM »
Yes...

Offline JambeckGill

• Newly Registered
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2014, 20:59:49 PM »
After all the stress we have today had our application accepted by the Passport Police in Fethiye. It was a straight forward process that cost us 3700TL for the two of us which includes health insurance. Our passports were notarised which we were happier with knowing that we can still leave the country in an emergency, plus they won't be lying on a desk somewhere in Ankara. When we visited the Police in Fethiye they told us exactly what we needed, including the comprehensive medical cover. We were quite happy to pay this as we have the peace of mind and we can now start to enjoy our retirement by spending 6 months this year in our villa.

Offline The Gimp Master

• Newly Registered
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2014, 21:45:47 PM »
JBG I have pm'd you Yakup's mobile phone number. It will be in your CBF message folder. By the way if you add your email to your CBF profile people can use that to email you without you making it public.

Marggie I would definitely prefer to pay a few quid than send my passport to Ankara especially as they are going to use the Turkish postal service to return it and not knowing how long it will be before it's returned, although I am hoping they'll use a cargo company but I can't see that.
Please be aware that the translators may charge 150tl (this is what they charge for going from a to b with your paperwork) but there are additional costs for translations of papers that need to be noterized. The final bill will be higher than you first think so get the translator to be transparent with his hidden costs.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf