Author Topic: New Residency  (Read 14803 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: New Residency
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2014, 22:21:07 PM »
Why, oh why would a passport need to be notarised. There are only three dates 1) D.O.B.  2) Date of issue and  3) Date of expiry, I always thought that passports could be read internationally!  Forgive my scepticism but I just see this as another way of making more money.  Ours are due for renewal at the end of March next year, hopefully by then all problems will have been ironed out.

Its not your passport that is being notarised, its the copy. 

Unfortunately in Turkey the law is that when a foreigner does business at a Notars, there must be a translator present to ensure the foreigner is aware of what they are signing. 

I know it doesn't work in Fethiye but usually 30-50tl under the table will get your business done without the need of a translator.  When we first set up our company in Istanbul I actually spent more in bribes that day than I did on beer.  That situation is most unusual - but it saved us several hundred lira's worth of a superfluous translator (over several visits to notar) telling us what we knew already.

JF

Offline JambeckGill

• Newly Registered
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2014, 19:26:53 PM »
With respect I do not understand some of the responses to my post in relation to the recent residency application etc. I was merely advising that it was very straightforward, no problem having our passports translated and notarised- we were in the Notary office 15 mins. The whole process took us 5 hours which included visiting the Police beforehand to confirm exactly what we needed in order to submit our application that day, together with a visit to the Insurance Broker to complete the documentation for the two medical policies.
I thought the CBF was a useful means to help and support each other. It's a shame that there are people who find it necessary to be critical and make unnecessary negative comments when they respond.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2014, 19:57:23 PM »
Was you health ins expensive?

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2014, 21:07:20 PM »
With respect I do not understand some of the responses to my post in relation to the recent residency application etc. I was merely advising that it was very straightforward, no problem having our passports translated and notarised- we were in the Notary office 15 mins. The whole process took us 5 hours which included visiting the Police beforehand to confirm exactly what we needed in order to submit our application that day, together with a visit to the Insurance Broker to complete the documentation for the two medical policies.
I thought the CBF was a useful means to help and support each other. It's a shame that there are people who find it necessary to be critical and make unnecessary negative comments when they respond.

You have only made 20 posts on The Forum, and you are complaining about what you term " negative responses " ?  I think, no, re-phrase, I KNOW that, if you give The Forum time, you will find it, & it's members, to be a fountain of useful information. Not everyone will agree with everything you have to say, but rest assured, you will soon learn to appreciate exactly what The Forum is, an oracle of free, relevant information. Enjoy it, my friend.

Offline loiner

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2014, 21:09:37 PM »
My residency expired 25th April it has travelled more miles than me.I now have full health cover 2,215tl fully inclusive. My origional one was refused it apparrently did not give me enough cover when you get yours back successfully feel free to gloat. Mine was away 3 weeks before we were told it was unacceptable.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2014, 23:50:39 PM »
Loiner - I can't think that anyone will gloat over you paying whatever for health cover. It's good you have got cover that has been accepted at a premium you are happy with.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2014, 05:45:17 AM »
Exactly.

Comprehensive cover, fully inclusive for less than £2 a day is well worth it for total peace of mind

Btw - I know of quotes over 3 times what you paid

Offline Angelic

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2014, 06:52:09 AM »
Loiner could you please tell where you got your insurance from. TiA

Offline davybill

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2014, 07:19:16 AM »
Well done loiner,getting your insurance but I don't know anybody over 70 that's got it,
I went  to Meis yesterday and got a 90 day visa,I was 3 day's over on my residency,also met a
Dutch person on the trip he was 6days over his time,but got our visas' with no fines or problems,
The cost for trip and visa,for two of us was  106 euros,so hopefully this will tide us over till
We know for definite what's' happening about the residency,

Offline The Gimp Master

• Newly Registered
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »
my translator said yesterday that someone with emergency health insurance ( mine cost 120tl) has now received their 1 year residency. I applied 1 week ago,still waiting.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf