Author Topic: The best shopping trip ever!  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Pi55y

The best shopping trip ever!
« on: May 02, 2014, 07:37:09 AM »
Like most women I love shopping and yesterday was one of the best shopping trips ever!

We at the 3C’s had recently heard that the 18 youngsters at the 5 Love Homes in the Fethiye/Ciftlik area needed new clothes for the summer.  Following the help that our charity gave last year when the new permanent foster home scheme was  initially set up, we committed to helping the children at the homes further  by setting aside an amount of money to purchase items that they may need throughout the year.

Last week we agreed to allocate 150TL to each youngster to purchase new clothes and yesterday Pete and I met up in Fethiye with the manager and 2 house mothers  of the homes, Kadriye from FETAV Foundation and the five girls from the Fethiye home (on seeing the all female party Pete quickly made a harp sharp exit to the safety of the Kismet bar!)

It was then let the shopping commence!  Firstly we hit Amber Butik  where the younger girls quickly made a beeline for the trendy tops and shorts.  They all picked out their favourites and then with armfuls of possibles  they headed for the changing rooms to try things on. Finally after many viewings and twirls, each girl had selected a couple of tops and dungaree shorts.

It was then off to Waikiki to buy clothes for the older girl and to select clothes for the younger boys at the Ciftlik home. By this time we had been joined by one of the older boys who acted a as bag carrier and  boy did we need one as baskets and baskets of clothes  were rung up at the till.

Our next stop in this whirlwind shopping trip was the shoe shop near the fish market.  This lovely gentleman gives big discount to FETAV for the children.  At first our girls could not see any sandals thay they liked (to be honest they were a little boring and girls just want to have fun don’t they?) so we were just leaving, disappointed and empty handed, when they spotted  some bright multi coloured sandals hanging by the door complete with baubles and bows -  every girls dream! The shopkeeper was so nice and gave us such good discount  that each girl ended up with three multi coloured pairs for the cost of two to go with their new outfits.  Finally our girls were finished and they all came up and kissed me and thanked me before,  laden down with their purchases,  they headed off home with their house mother.

Girls done, it was the boys turn.  The house mum from the younger boys home selected two pairs of sandals for each boy, again getting big discount.  We then sat and drank tea whilst we waited for the older boys to arrive. 

After much trying on , after all choosing the right sports trainers is an important decision for  teenage boys (again the shopkeeper did us proud knocking off around 20TL from each pair), laden with boxes we headed to Del Facto where we hit the teenage boys rails – again great fun as the boys selected cargo shorts, T shirts and sports vests. Again the boys were very grateful and all came up and thanked me for their new clothes.

I am now passing on the youngsters thanks to all who support the 3C’s and enable us to do things like this. Personally, I had a great time and I would like to thank you all for this.  It was the most memorable shopping trip ever!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: The best shopping trip ever!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 07:47:01 AM »
Heartwarming to hear and as a keen shopper myself I would have loved to have been there.  Thanks for letting us know. It's always great to hear how well the donated money is spent.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:18:12 AM »
You would have loved it Jacqui - great fun   ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 08:32:21 AM »
Me too! I'm all choked up now. Every girl's (and boy's) dream! It must have been a wonderful thing to see their excitement. I bet they put their new things right near their beds so they could see them when they woke up! I still do that lol! Lovely post.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 08:57:53 AM »
How lovely! Bet they were all parading round their bedrooms modelling their new gear. Wish I had been a fly on the wall. Can you imagine the joy and excitement from these children who have had a rocky road in life?  3Cs you do a wonderful and rewarding job.

Lotty, I too do that with something new.  Rich says I am like a child and my answer is always the same "when I no longer get pleasure from something new or from coming to Turkey, then it is time for you to worry". 

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 09:05:25 AM »
Thanks for a lovely post Chrissie and keeping us up to date. The guy with the shoe shop deserves a plug. Any name.?

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 08:11:33 AM »
How wonderful chrissie can just imagine their little faces !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf