Author Topic: What we won at the Auction..How about you?  (Read 4290 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
What we won at the Auction..How about you?
« on: June 25, 2014, 20:00:11 PM »
Last year a lot of us told of the things they got at the Auction. 
I thought I would start the ball rolling and say a big thank you to all the 3C's as we really enjoyed both Auctions and our winning bids.
We got a Sunday Lunch for two at the Kings Garden.  I have never had a Sunday lunch in a local restaurant before. I have to say it was lovely.  Totally enjoyed the meal.  Garlic Mushrooms to start with then a big Roast with two Yorkshire puddings, beef chicken, roast potatoes and vegetables followed up by Apple Crumble.  We were so full and we will do this again.
Second thing.. A meal at Georges (our favourite restaurant).  They gave us a choice of anything on the menu even though the bid was just for chicken.  We had a lovely meal and enjoyed the evening.
Third thing  A £100.00 voucher for Goldfinger in Ovacik.  Booked the appointment. I had not been to this Salon before, but will go again. Lovely experience, totally pampered by extremely experienced staff in a relaxed calm atmosphere.  A great place, highly recommended.  Now my new favourite.
Fourth Thing a beautiful brooch donated by Barrie (I am addicted to costume jewellery).  Really pleased I got this item.
So, a great night with really good winning bids.. Roll on next year.
I look forward to hearing about other people's winning bids. :D ;D   ;)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: What we won at the Auction..How about you?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 20:40:04 PM »
Jacqui that was a lovely post, you bought all those lots and you donated the best lots of the auction, I should think the jewellery you put in the auction made the most money of nearly anything.  The people on here who like to make fun of you should know how much you actually contribute to charity.  By the way I bid 20 lira for a mixed pide at Zayra only to find out the real cost was 18 lira, and we didn't have time to fit it in so gave it to our apartment neighbours!!

Offline scorcher

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 20:43:04 PM »
I got some Primark vouchers.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 08:41:04 AM »
I won the Rhodes trip & went y'day. I had a lovely day out, arriving on Rhodes just after 11am & had a bit of a wander around the old town before finding a restaurant for lunch; pork fillet with mushroom sauce served with chips, rice & salad. I then took a taxi up to the Spar & bought a fair weight of goodies, inc a 5ltr box of wine, cheese, some pork fillet steaks & gyro spices. Once the fresh stuff had been packed into cool bags with loads of ice packs, I caught the bus back to Rhodes Town, had a drink in a cafe before taking a taxi back to the ferry port & stocking up with duty frees.

We went out on Aegean Queen, which was very comfortable, with loads of space both for passengers & luggage. Back on Flying Poseidon (the hydrofoil) that didn't fly much, as the sea was quite choppy, & which I have to say was very cramped, also most of the seat backs were broken, so reclined even if you didn't want them to! Think it may be past its sell by date now. Arrived back in Fethiye the better part of 2 hours later than the advertised 6pm.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 20:01:00 PM »
Has anyone ever got back on time on these ferries? Air conditioning on etc..? Never met anyone yet who has. What are you cooking for us next week Liz?... Sounds like a good but tiring day.... Xxx

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 20:19:52 PM »
Yes, we have we have been a number of times and never been delayed.  Have gone in June and September.  We must have been lucky.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 20:41:21 PM »
Cooking? Me? Think you have me confused with someone else Anne. Plan is to get my mates to do a barbie, using the pork steaks as a carrot   ;)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 22:20:26 PM »
Liz sent you a pm

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 22:27:41 PM »
Very Jacqui..

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 22:50:23 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf