Author Topic: Hats off to Kevin3  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Pi55y

Hats off to Kevin3
« on: November 01, 2014, 20:06:00 PM »
 Hats off to Kevin3, a real gentleman. Last week I had a call from Cenk at Interturk Estates to say that Kevin had left a donation  at his office for the 3C's - and what a donation, 1050TL, approx £300. The one thing that Kevin asked was that the money should be used to help a child with hearing problems.

By coincidence we had just heard from FETAV about 4 year old Burak, who has severe hearing problems. In August Burak went to Izmir hospital for tests and the audiologist said that he had a 66% hearing disability which also resulted in his inability to speak. As Burak is soon due to start school he recommended that Burak be fitted with special sonic aids which would enable him to hear clearly and in time to speak properly. The 3C's agreed to purchase the special aids, at a cost of 6, 000TL  and when I emailed Kevin, he was more than happy for his donation to be used to help this little boy.

It is Burak's 5th birthday on 22 December so this will be the best Christmas present ever for him.

Thank you Kevin for your kindness and generosity. You are helping to change the life of this youngster.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Hats off to Kevin3
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 20:20:02 PM »
Hats off indeed. The generosity of the people on here is amazing.
It is also great to here the stories of the children helped by the 3C's.

Offline sadler

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 20:22:41 PM »
Respect Kevin3.  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 20:35:52 PM »
Kevin will hate this :D

And that is tough Kevin!!!

There are some incredibly generous CBF members and none more so than the wonderful Kevin3 - answering the call for as long as I remember. An absolute diamond.

Blushing yet Kev? :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 20:56:56 PM »
Thanks for posting pi55y

Scunner:

"And that is tough Kevin!!!

There are some incredibly generous CBF members and none more so than the wonderful Kevin3 - answering the call for as long as I remember. An absolute diamond."

Very well said sir !

Anytime I have done something on here kevin3 has supported it to the hilt and let's not forget his contribution to the Bozalan School project.

PS I believe that kevin3 was in Calis near to the time we were this year but we missed each other. It would be a great pleasure to meet him and thank him personally for his support

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 08:19:49 AM »
My hat is definitely off for Kevin3 -so generous.  Thanks again to 3c's for always keeping us up to speed with what happens with the donations. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf