Author Topic: More news on the brothers  (Read 10311 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Re: More news on the brothers
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 15:25:55 PM »
That is  brilliant link  you recommended and we will certainly try to show the details when we next visit . I am sure it will be very encouraging or them all to see so thank you. In reply to John suggestion the family are very private people and the father has already confessed he feels  very badly about not being able to supply enough for his family's needs so anything public would not be acceptable . If anyone locally knows of any builders  or suppliers who might help us with reduced costs then please let me know. The village of  Bekcilar is quite a distance away towards Antalya

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 16:10:31 PM »
"the family are very private people and the father has already confessed he feels  very badly about not being able to supply enough for his family's needs so anything public would not be acceptable"

That's what I suspected.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 19:46:37 PM »
Not for the first time, by a very long way, I am delighted to advise members that I have received another very generous donation to help the brothers.

So it's a huge thank you to MGT.

It was very kind of you to take the trouble and your donation will be winging it's way to Calis later this evening.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 18:06:48 PM »
Over the last few days I took the liberty of contacting members of the Forum regarding the brothers. I have to tell you that in return I received wonderful moral and financial support for the boys.

It is of course grossly unfair to single out individuals but I hope the others don’t mind if I mention menthol and her family, echogirl1, hamlet, lotty and MSB.

Special thanks also to jacqui harvey, jim fraser, marina, bewva and kevin3.

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 07:39:44 AM »
This was such fantastic news and the email from John telling me of the amount raised was truly heart warming .Thank you so very much to all the people who contributed and as soon as the weather improves in the village the work will start demolishing the cowshed .They (and us) will all be so excited and I will take pictures when ever I can find someone to take us there so you can all see the new home being built .

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 08:52:37 AM »
Is there anywhere in Fethiye where one can make donations in person? I don't have a paypal account so I can't donate online.

John mentions you have a shop somewhere.

DonM

Offline AgingDave

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »
Our shop is in Gunlukbasi , next door to Aydin the locksmith , and other side is Wella hairdresser, turn right at the first set of traffic lights as you head into Gunlukbasi towards Fethiye and our shop is about 4 down from end of road , shop is open Thursday , Friday and Saturday , 10am till 4 pm. You can also donate at our table top sale on Weds mornings between 11am and 1 pm at Bambu restaurant on Calis seafront . Many thanks .

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 12:16:45 PM »
The need is still indeed great.

A special fund raiser will almost certainly still be needed, but in the meantime, if anyone in the UK wants to use me as a conduit for a donation they need only PM me on here.

I will be only too glad to help if I can.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 14:05:35 PM »
Our shop is in Gunlukbasi , next door to Aydin the locksmith , and other side is Wella hairdresser, turn right at the first set of traffic lights as you head into Gunlukbasi towards Fethiye and our shop is about 4 down from end of road , shop is open Thursday , Friday and Saturday , 10am till 4 pm. You can also donate at our table top sale on Weds mornings between 11am and 1 pm at Bambu restaurant on Calis seafront . Many thanks .

Thanks, unfortunately I'm not familiar with the calis area. I know the calis sea front so if you could give me directions from there it would be a great help.

don

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 21:24:02 PM »
Don if you are coming from Kaya - go past the otogar, straight ahead at the roundabout - carry on for a mile or so and when you come to the traffic lights that are signposted right for Üzümlü - turn left, the shop is on your right as described by Dave.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf