Author Topic: Finansbank and the Greek connection  (Read 2925 times)

Offline tel

Finansbank and the Greek connection
« on: July 09, 2015, 20:58:17 PM »
The major shareholder, around 98%, of Finansbank is the Greek National bank I was wondering if CBF members are feeling confident or alarmed about the situation if they have money there. I hear of the guarantees that Turkish banks have in place and the rumours about the EU possibly demanding the Greeks sell up if things develop in one particular direction and also the Quatar bank could be ready to take over but what is the general feeling of our forum members to stay put or change banks and move their money.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Finansbank and the Greek connection
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 06:31:35 AM »
I'm leaving mine. If everyone panics and moves money that's when the problems start.
All the time other banks want to buy it I'm fine with that. I read that nothing will change for customers if Qatar buy it, but may change for personnel and systems etc.
You never know there may be share allocations

Offline mac2010

Re: Finansbank and the Greek connection
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 11:03:09 AM »
Where did you get that information from??  98% owned by Greek Bank ?  Before everyone starts to panic speak to the girls upstairs like i did and they will explain all the laws and rules relating to the Banks links and money bonds.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 11:27:46 AM »
Where did you get that information from??  98% owned by Greek Bank ?

Its common knowledge, 98.6% is the exact figure I think - even tells you about it on their web site.

Anyway, no need to panic as while it may be owned by NBG, it is still a Turkish bank.  In fact, it's quite an asset so if the Greeks did decide to sell, there would a fair old queue at the Kristal Kule in Levent with cash rich suitors.

As an aside, when the banks founder, Hüsnü Özyeğin, decided to sell he initially wanted shares in the NBG as opposed to cash.  Dodged a bullet there big man...

JF

Offline tel

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 14:39:41 PM »
I am right to ask you guys as I know your knowledge is always beneficial and usually backed by many years of living here unlike visiting people who probably will not have the same amount of capital in Turkish banks. Having been with Finansbank twelve years now I too are not rushing to move from there but it must be of concern to their customers, hence my topic. I am concerned that I am doing the right thing and glad that some members are doing the same thing. I know all the ladies upstairs from years back and they are a super team. This topic I have brought up with Finansbank before and I am sitting tight but glad I am not alone.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf