Author Topic: Bayram traffic chaos !!!  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
Bayram traffic chaos !!!
« on: July 06, 2016, 13:43:14 PM »
Came back from Kaya to Fethiye by dolmus today - Hisaronou gridlocked - stationary queues for Oludeniz two thirds of the way back through Ovacik at 1pm !!!
When they get to Olu (at 4pm) where on earth are they going to park ? U-turn and head for Calis Beach methinks !!!

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Bayram traffic chaos !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 13:52:23 PM »
Kevin look at my earlier post on how busy it is.  There's only a few sunbeds left on Calis Beach from a picture taken by PhilRose.  So you'd better get a move on, if the traffic will allow!

Offline Jack13

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 14:40:07 PM »
never seen calis beach so busy. hopefully this will continue. do know its bayram and many turks here.

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 18:15:37 PM »
Kevin. Did same at pm. Queue still starting in Ovacik.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 14:41:45 PM »
Came back from Kaya to Fethiye by dolmus today - Hisaronou gridlocked - stationary queues for Oludeniz two thirds of the way back through Ovacik at 1pm !!!
When they get to Olu (at 4pm) where on earth are they going to park ? U-turn and head for Calis Beach methinks !!!
Twenty years ago, when I first visited, there wouldn't have been traffic jams in Fethiye, let alone Hisarono. There just weren't that many cars about and those that were there were better called "jalopies". Today, thanks to Erdogan's credit boom, there are loads of cars - mostly sparkling new. And it seems to me that once the cars with the 06, 34 and 35 registration plates hit town then there are a lot more Turks spending proper money (not just 1 lira cay) in restaurants. The downside for me is that the dolmuses seem to be less regular as there are so many people in cars

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 14:31:55 PM »
Twenty years ago, when I first visited, there wouldn't have been traffic jams in Fethiye, let alone Hisarono. There just weren't that many cars about and those that were there were better called "jalopies". Today, thanks to Erdogan's credit boom, there are loads of cars - mostly sparkling new. And it seems to me that once the cars with the 06, 34 and 35 registration plates hit town then there are a lot more Turks spending proper money (not just 1 lira cay) in restaurants. The downside for me is that the dolmuses seem to be less regular as there are so many people in cars

You're not kidding about spending money, Colwyn.

Two boat captains I know have said they are considering not taking advance bookings for bayram at all next year as they had absolutely no problem filling any spaces on their daily trips with Turkish visitors from the beach at Oludeniz each day, and could easily have done so even had their boats been totally empty to start with. They were turning people away, and those that got on board were willing to pay 100 lira per head to secure a place rather than the usual 40. (An added bonus of taking people off the beach means they wouldn't be trying to do transfers in the middle of all that traffic, either.)

I'm not advocating the boosting of prices to take advantage of holidaymakers as a general rule, but in what is proving a tough season, I don't begrudge these guys a little good fortune.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf