Author Topic: Success  (Read 4616 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Success
« on: July 12, 2016, 18:55:03 PM »
At long last the family are living  in their wonderful new home and words cannot describe how happy they all are. We spent a truly memorable day with them and we  have never seen the boys look so happy. The eldest boy's hands are very bad at the moment BUT the big difference is the open sores are all clean and not  infected now they are living in such clean conditions and have access to a shower and a bath. The house was officially Blessed when they gave thanks to everyone involved in helping to build them a home . The whole village was invited to view their new home and all the village ladies helped prepare a street party for everyone. We loved the fact that the balcony has twelve House Martins nesting with their babies and when the family painted they carefully painted round the nests so as not to disturb the young .We still have some outside work to see to as the sloped wheelchair ramp needs a special non slip surface and also hand rails .The family have been so busy working in the fields they have not had time to clear away the rubble from the garden but it will be done shortly.
To see the huge difference this project has made to all their lives is all the thanks we need and we would like to say a massive big Thank You to all of you who helped in any way at all .Much love to you all from everyone in "Embrace" group .I have a few photographs which David has already posted on our Embrace page on Facebook  and as soon as I get hold of some more taken by other people on the day then I will post them too.
Mmmmmm   got a problem here as I have a new computer and cannot see how to downsize my pictures so instead will ask David to submit his photographs .Sorry about that .

Offline sadler

Re: Success
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 19:04:32 PM »
Wonderful. Feeling very insignificant in the big scheme of things. Well done all of you.

Offline AgingDave

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 19:16:45 PM »

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 19:31:13 PM »
It's heartwarming to know that they, at last are in their new home and enjoying it Mavis.
Very, very well done to all involved.  I will look forward to seeing the pics

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 19:41:14 PM »
What a wonderful heartwarming story.  It's lovely to hear that the boys and their family are finally in their new house.  Huge well done to everyone involved,   :)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 20:31:27 PM »
Such wonderful news!

Well done to Mavis, Dave and everyone who helped.

Sending the family the very best of wishes for a much better future.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 20:36:46 PM »
So let me see if I have this right.

On 12 November 2014 hubblebubbles posted that Bambu was closing for the winter but that Embrace would continue their Wednesday morning sales. She then went on to tell the tragic, heart-breaking  story of two boys who in time would lose their hands and feet.

And now on 12 July 2016, a mere 20 months later and despite all manner of difficulties and setbacks she able to post “Success” and report that the family are living in their wonderful new home.

A wonderful new home that she and her magnificent Embrace team build.

As a BBC rowing commentator once said “I don’t care where you are or what you’re doing - get on your feet and applaud a truly incredible achievement” .

Hubblebubbles and her Embrace team should be very, very proud of what they have done but so should CBF for the part they played.

Offline sadler

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 20:47:45 PM »
Hear hear Highlander. An incredible achievement.

Offline patrice

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 21:21:24 PM »
Putting it  like that John it really is an amazing achievement.
 Well done all for your hard work and dedication to this wonderful project.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 21:26:55 PM »
Magnificent! Well done all! xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf