Author Topic: Biz Bize Ocak Basi - (My Place)  (Read 10158 times)

Offline philrose

Biz Bize Ocak Basi - (My Place)
« on: September 26, 2016, 06:39:08 AM »
It's  called Biz Bize Ocak Basi. We ate there Friday night absolutely fantastic Turkish food all freshly served from the grill. The prices for drinks (including alcohol) were good and the service excellent. Don't  know why lynne09 didn't  try the Turkish breakfast as it was on the menu the same price as My Place were doing. Well recommended if you want a "proper" Turkish dining experience....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:37:24 AM by Anne »

Offline wishbone

Re: Biz Bize Ocak Basi -
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 15:31:30 PM »
I think you will find that Joseph is working in Café Inn up the road.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 16:31:04 PM »
Yes, Yusuf/Joseph is in the Cafe Inn has been there since the last week in June.  We were talking to him last night when he served us and then at the end of the night sat down with us for a long chat.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 08:26:01 AM »
We ate here twice during our visit.  Once for lunch and again for an evening meal.
I was pleasantly surprised to see them offering six small mezes with bread on the house instead of the usual garlic butter and if your lucky some ezme.  A nice touch which went down a treat.
The food was served piping hot and tasty to boot.  We thoroughly enjoyed both visits
I didn't quite catch the name of the lady who served us lunch but she did say she had been there since it was My Place.  She explained the new owners have a place in Fethyie and are trying very hard to produce good wholesome Turkish food with a view to staying open all year.
Anyone missing wee Mojo from Joseph's will find him and him there.  Still as cheeky as ever though  :)

Offline philrose

Re: Biz Bize Ocak Basi - (My Place)
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 09:03:48 AM »
They are currently building a large BBQ\Bar at the back of the building were you can sit and watch your meals being cooked. Very reminiscent of the original Ocak Basi that used to be near to Kosums in Fethiye.
Incidentally eight of us ate there again Saturday and all of us thought the food excellent, the boss even gave us a complimentary bottle of wine....

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 15:24:37 PM »
Went here as on the way back home (nothing to do with 8tl beer  ;D )& had selection of mezes for starter that came with bread rolls, OH had lamb shish & I had the eggplant kebab, both very nice & great selection of Turkish food to choose from, they have the BBQ area were you can cook you're own how you like if you prefer, will definatly eat here again.

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 15:55:56 PM »
Off topic but i Mandalay bistros still open it appeared closed last night but lights were on in hotel

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 17:24:44 PM »
We tried that place last year.  Problem was, we just were eating the starter when the main course arrived, so we left half of it and they took it away, had to eat the main course. Then one of the older waiters stood taking to us for about 15 minutes and we were running out of things to say, wanted to know how old Phil was, what he did for a living, then wanted us to guess his age, it went on and on.  Food was very good. We recommended it to our neighbours and they loved the food too, but had the same problem with the waiter standing over them at the table. Also asking them to guess his age.
Perhaps it was teething problems, but it did put us off returning. We like a chat with a waiter, but not for so long.

Yusef/Joseph from Cafe Inn is now at the Surf Cafe.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 17:40:10 PM »
Where is this ?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 18:48:45 PM »
Opp Sunday market, where the Roka used to be

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf