Author Topic: Book now or wait ?  (Read 1904 times)

Offline ukchris

Book now or wait ?
« on: December 09, 2016, 10:21:51 AM »
Looking at booking our annual trip to Calis for May 2017 roughly 13th until 24th. After waiting on other party members arranging / checking holidays at work, the price of flights seems to have shot up in the last couple of weeks.
I had noticed Pegasus coming up on skyscanner search and with that flight outbound and a Jet2 return they were roughly £150. Pegasus must have changed their schedule as the first flight now isn't until the end of May according to their website

I am wondering whether to book now, the cheapest is £210 + luggage, or wait until the new year and hope new flights get added or come down a bit ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Book now or wait ?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 10:34:59 AM »
EasyJet are showing £224pp return MAN - DLM for those dates.

Offline Stopfordian

• Certified incomprehensible
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 10:47:02 AM »
 If I saw flights I was ok with I personally would book now. They may go up, they may come down, that's
 flights. You don't say where you're flying from, but I think anything under £250 from Mcr to Dal. is not
 bad.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 14:01:27 PM »
hope new flights get added or come down a bit ?

That is a very unlikely scenario, in fact if bookings don't match the (charter) carriers expectations expect to see cancellations and amalgamations again next year.

There may be an easing of the state of emergency in the spring followed by a constitutional referendum - who knows what will happen subsequent to that.  If things kick off, then Turkey will be right back to square one with foreign tourists.

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 14:48:55 PM »
If you book with Easyjet and they later reduce the price for same flight/same extras then you can claim a rebate.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf