Author Topic: Any need for travel insurance if have residency with health care policy  (Read 12497 times)

Offline sadler

Re: Any need for travel insurance if have residency with health care policy
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2016, 15:51:56 PM »
A recommendation there then Colwyn.    :)

Offline marina

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2016, 16:24:00 PM »
Definite recommendation then!   ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2016, 17:04:18 PM »
A recommendation there then Colwyn.     :)
Absolutely.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 06:02:55 AM »
Thank you all very much for recommendations, i cant say too much as not told family yet currently waiting on mri results and i totally dont want to jinx things, which i know with the barsteward that is cancer that is not bloody possible ( sorry for swearing but ist been a fraught nearly three months whilst trying to act 'normal" ;) all i will say though is all you male members ( no pun intended there) is if your 50 + get a psa level test or for the sake of a 2 minute exam it may just save your life...
And do not dismiss peeing probs as youv drank too much tea/ beer/ coffee etc any changes to normal habits get the test!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2017, 10:06:00 AM »
Chin up Karen, I am sure, as I said before to you before, things will be fine.  All good wishes to you and Derek from me and Phil for a very happy and very healthy New Year.   Remember it is not far to walk over to our place for drinks and the invitation is open anytime. We look forward to seeing you both. X

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 13:09:23 PM »
Thank you Jacqui yes we plan to carry on totally with our plans thst weve made if any good has come from it and you just have to find a positive abd above all have some humor then its that we are now doing things earlier then originally planned...thank you for all your support and advice through out it all.
Its a date we look forward to it too we can now be saying we are going back to Turkey this year woop woop

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 07:59:59 AM »
Just found this posted on Facebook.

Thought i would share this, i have been trying to get travel insurance for a holiday/wedding i am going to in Santorini in August. Because i have had cancer i knew it would be difficult, anyway i have tried at least half a dozen insurance companies and the prices were staggering ranging from £2,500 (this is for a single 10 trip) £782, £590, etc etc, the lowest i got was £384. I was so annoyed as i have been clear for over two years and even when they insure you it excludes any pre existing conditions, then a lady i work with did a bit of research and came up with a company called insurancewith, (all one word), i put in all my details yet again and it came back with an unbelievable £22.84!!!!!! Well not believing my eyes i got someone to check it all, then i rang the company and a lady went through it all with me and said that the price was just that. Please pass this on to anyone who has had a serious illness it is brilliant, their phone number is 0845 8 687 234 and the website is insurancewith.com

Offline marina

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 11:59:15 AM »
Just a follow up on this, I have just booked an annual worldwide policy (excluding USA, Canada and Caribbean) for the two of us for £419.87, that's with the excess taken off.  With £75 pp excess it would have been £396.85 which I thought was very good.  All medical conditions and medications taken into account. This was Avanti.  The last worldwide policy we bought with Staysure 2 years ago was about £500 and I've had two more medical conditions to add since then!

If it's fairly straightforward you can do it online but I rang up and a very helpful lady talked us through it. 

Of course the proof of the pudding etc..  is if you need to make a claim and hopefully you won't but at least we have full cover.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2017, 15:58:47 PM »
 now we finally have all the facts and are getting back to normal and making plans, my lovely hubby does have prostate cancer fortunately it is a very low risk type and had the best news ever last week it has not spread outside prostate so its a case of 'treating' it with active surveillance 4 monthly trips to urology and yearly biopsies sooo happy the relief is immense....anyway do i need to tell the travel  insurance company about it as he is not going to be having any treatment at present and not been given any meds etc or do i still need to just to be on safe side? Thanks very much...and again all you male members 50+ any changes in weeing habits please see your gp just to check, that was the only symptom he had a sudden urge to go to the loo and stopping and starting mid flow we actually used to joke about it and say ' its your ole prostate' he was 60 last May, fortunately he has well man checks yearly at work and his psa level on this years had risen, again this is not a reliable test to use as a diagnosis but sooo grateful our gp followed up once they received the results, also for the sake of not even 2 minutes embarrassment having the prostate felt they can tell a lot from the size of it and if enlarged then a referral to urology is defo needed, cant fault the care he has received on the NHS from our gp surgury to the urology department at our hospital...sorry for the essay but I really do want to make men aware if they notice any changes, none of us seem to like talking about weeing and pooping and yet we all do it and they are just normal functions like eating and drinking which i guess both then lead to the other two things anyway!   :)  ;) :D

Offline sadler

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2017, 16:04:00 PM »
Very pleased to hear the good news Karennina. Do you need to inform the travel insurance company's? I would say "absolutely". They will take any getout clause they can if, God forbid,  the worst happens and you need to make a claim.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf