Author Topic: Short term letting registration just completed Here is the steps and expences.  (Read 14578 times)

Offline Inspector

We have completed a Daily rental registration regarding to new regulations.

Applicant living and employee in UK
Important note: If you live in the UK and you are still working as a worker or employer under social security you will not need SGK registration. If  you are living in Turkey or you can not prove your social security in the UK, you have to register as SGK as employer and pay a monthly premium.

It has 3 steps
1-   Tax registration
2-   Buying the pay software for police system and installing.
3-   Apply to the police and get the user id and password.

After that, they are going to continue their summer holiday rentals with an accountant  fee of 200 Lira per month. At the end of the summer, they will close the tax record.

The accountant will follow all transactions on a monthly basis and do the police ID system entry for them.
In October they will close the tax registration and stop paying 200 for accountant.

They will just pay 200 lira monthly accountant fee plus 34 lira stamp tax. Income and expences will declered by accountant and will pay %20 income tax. (expences= water bill, electric bill, maintanance, garden, swimming pool,accountants fee and registering as tradesman expences.)

The cost ;
300 Lira tax registration
50 Lira Translators fee at tax office
110 Lira Passport translation and notarisation
35 Lira Notarized signuture sample
30 Lira Translators  fee at notarisation process
300 Lira software and instalation for Police ID system
TOTAL  825 lira

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Nice to see someone being up front about charges etc.

From what I can see, it also means you are independent of any "collective", your main guy being the accountant who will also do your taxes for you.  All in all a far more transparent proposition.

Probably not for the casual, one or two weeks a year renter, but at roughly £50 a month (plus tax deductible set up charges) not a bad deal if you're getting a few hundred quid a week during the season.

JF

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered

Probably not for the casual, one or two weeks a year renter, but at roughly £50 a month (plus tax deductible set up charges) not a bad deal if you're getting a few hundred quid a week during the season.

As say, not so good for the casual renter and those of us who don't rent period!

If, like us, you've only got friends and extended family using the property on just three occasions between now through to October and not charging anything, that's now £350 in monthly fees plus around another £200 the setup costs on zero income.

So, costing me over £500 even though my apartment is not a business interest and I'm kind enough to very occasionally have those close to me stay there when I'm not using it.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Burası Türkiye!

JF

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Important note: If you live in the UK and you are still working as a worker or employer under social security you will not need SGK registration. If  you are living in Turkey or you can not prove your social security in the UK, you have to register as SGK as employer and pay a monthly premium.

What is SGK ?

I know I am going to get a load of answers to this, but the way I see this I work in the UK own a house in Turkey, do not rent it out so I pay nothing Correct ??

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered

What is SGK ?

I know I am going to get a load of answers to this, but the way I see this I work in the UK own a house in Turkey, do not rent it out so I pay nothing Correct ??

From my understanding, SGK is similar to National Insurance in the UK.

And, if you are not renting and you don't allow friends or family use your property for free when you are not there yourself, then you need do nothing. Though I would suggest having a copy of your Tapu to hand in case of an inpromptu inspection.

If you do rent, then The Inpectors post seems clear and very informative.

It's the grey area in between where you don't charge rent but do have friends and family stay that is causing the most confusion.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
What is SGK ?
In this context it means Social Security.

Yes Ron - as long as no-one is there without the property owner being present, you're in the clear.

JF

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
well thats buggered then, our kids go out, and pay zilch

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Thanks for the information Inspector  :)

Offline BernieTeyze

Can I please confirm that this new rule, does not affect long term renters with a contract does it. We rent long term, but will a]have the kids over in summer at no cost.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf