Author Topic: Rotisserie chickens Gunlakbasi shop  (Read 6527 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Rotisserie chickens Gunlakbasi shop
« on: July 11, 2017, 17:22:26 PM »
Has anyone bought a spit roast chicken from the shop in Gunlakbasi recently, its the shop thsts about 100 yards from the Seckin restaurant...we bought one today and when paying he said 15 tl, now if i had not bought one from Kipa recently and paid 8.45 tl i would prob have thought oh the price has gone up a bit... Is this the normal price for this shop or did the guy think tourists   ;)

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
Re: Rotisserie chickens Gunlakbasi shop
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 17:34:07 PM »
Weget ours from the shop up near small marina past Kipa. They range from 12 to 8tl depending on time of . Late on when they want to get rid they are cheaper. They are still fresh but cannot be reheated so if not sold are thrown away. My neighbour gets them from Gunlakbasi .
She has mentioned uncooked fat is sometimes dripping on cooked one which puts me of. The butchers on Banco Manio also has them but not tried yet. His meat is very good.

Offline Libra

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 18:54:28 PM »
Kipa has the best price I have seen so far. Here in Hisarönü one costs 12-13 Lira.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 19:44:39 PM »
I paid 13TL at the Gunlukbasi shop in May.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 20:01:03 PM »
Karen,  The Butcher's shop opposite the Cahide was 12TL in May.  We had them a couple of times.   We usually get them for lunch as they often sell out in the late afternoon.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 03:02:51 AM »
Ok thanks all for replies, it just seemed a lot compared to Kipa and when I said 15 tl the guy seemed a bit aggy about it, oh well wont be going there again! Oooh dont like the thought of the fat thing either! Still not seen any at the Calis shop Jacqui...

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 03:17:22 AM »
I paid 15 tl at the Gunlukbasi one in May. I thought I'd eat it in one go but there was a lot more on it than I expected.

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 06:51:25 AM »
Karen,  The Butcher's shop opposite the Cahide was 12TL in May.  We had them a couple of times.   We usually get them for lunch as they often sell out in the late afternoon.
hi Jackie was that may this year as whenever I go past they don't seem to be cooking any?  :(

Offline yabanci

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 07:15:50 AM »
The  Kipa roast chickens are smaller than those from the Chicken Shops, and are also wingless.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 08:52:00 AM »
hi Jackie was that may this year as whenever I go past they don't seem to be cooking any?  :(

Yes, it was May an June this year.  I wonder have they stopped now?   Hope not, love their chickens.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf