Author Topic: Electric bill  (Read 5193 times)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Electric bill
« on: February 06, 2018, 19:36:52 PM »
We are currently using Aydem for our electric company which we pay via our Turkish bank. We just had a bill, one for 74TL from 3/12 to 3/1 &  85TL from 3/1 to 5/2 . The thing is, no one has been in the property since mid Nov. We queried with Aydem and they say it's correct. Has anyone ever had a bill like this before? The only appliance we have on is the fridge.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Electric bill
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 22:19:19 PM »
Friends have left their fridge running & their bills are 13 - 14 try a month.

Is it possible that you have an air con unit that's on a timer that's been kicking in? That happened in another friend's apartment & it took me a while to spot it & get it fixed.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 22:29:47 PM »
Thanks Liz i will ask our neighbour to check the air cons. We don't have them set on a timer normally and they were all serviced last August.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 22:53:09 PM »
Do you have electric sockets outside? They can be popular locally if you are away for some time...

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 07:37:40 AM »
Gosh took me a while Keith to "get your reply" and now I have!  I never in a million years would dream of doing that but I guess some locals may do...Rana do you have one of the power things in the wall at yours? We always take ours out when we leave and flick all the switches off which Im very glad we do   ;)

Offline cenk

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 08:40:11 AM »
74 and 85 TL/month are too much for an empty apartment even the fridge is running. All causes mentioned above can be the reason. I want to add something about aircons. Sometimes neighbour's remote control may cause one of your aircons to run (especially if they are same brand). Best way is to turn the fridge off and switch off all electric from main switch in the apartment.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 09:14:30 AM »

And leave fridge door open slightly to prevent mildew and black mould.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 09:50:01 AM »
I agree with Keith ,our outside electric was very popular when we weren’t there and we were getting similar sized bills !

Offline Steve A

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 09:50:27 AM »
Oh and I forgot to add so was our outside water tap

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 10:36:26 AM »
 Thanks everyone, seriously didn't think about outside socket but i will check with neighbours.  When we know the Apartment will be empty for some time then we always switch fridge off and air it but we had friends stay in November so maybe cleaner never checked fridge  As you said Cenk it still shouldn't cost that much. It certainly is a mystery that needs to be sorted before we receive another bill. Will update when we get to the bottom of our disappearing electric   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf