Author Topic: Our June 2018 holiday: Travel  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Our June 2018 holiday: Travel
« on: June 24, 2018, 20:09:21 PM »
Dingwall to Calis:

07 June 2018
Holiday off to a splendid start with a stop-over in Perth where the Campbell family (scunner, Steph and their lovely daughters Robyn and Abbie) were kind enough to join us for drink.  :)  :)  :) 

08 June 2018
Missed the opening for the hotel in Glasgow to leave the car and ended up in the NCP Carpark. Cost me two quid to get out. Not the best of starts. Mrs H was very understanding of my mistake - not ! :-[ :-[ :-[

TC flight delayed 30 minutes on ground/10 minutes in air; luggage retrieval not tragic but Dalaman obviously have never heard of Priority Check-In; Fethiye Airport Transfers immaculate service as ever; Rental Company not at apartment to let us in – email pending.

Calis to Dingwall:

22 June 2018
Rental Company not there to take back the keys – email pending.

Fethiye Airport Transfers 15 minutes early although not the smoothest of drivers.

Security Checks at Dalaman still a nightmare.

TC flight delayed 45 minutes on ground (emptying of toilets - that's a new one)/on schedule in the air.

Paid £19.50 for a litre of Gordon's Gin in Duty Free - £ 10.00 on the plane and £ 13.30 in Tesco today.

Scottish Border Control at Glasgow Airport a total and utter farce - I estimate that 90 % of people who were directed to the automatic recognition section had a problem. Worse yet the staff seemed to imply that it was the passengers fault for not operating the equipment properly and doing so in a demeaning and rude manner; luggage retrieval not tragic.

Glad to get head down at airport hotel and some sleep before the 180 mile drive home.

23 June 2018
I estimate that we had traveled approximately 30 metres before Mrs H passed her first non complimentary comment on my driving. >:( >:( >:(

Arrived home at 14:30

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf