Author Topic: Cruises  (Read 2107 times)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Cruises
« on: October 15, 2005, 19:04:41 PM »
I don't know whether I am in the write bit here but I wish to report that we felt ripped off by the operators of the Prenses Cansu and Prenses Serap. We wanted to book the 12 island cruise and the Olu Deniz cruises and approached Prenses as they were certainly nice boats although a couple of quid dearer that others.
The Olu Deniz was advertized for Sats and Weds and the 12 islands everyday.
We booked Olu Deniz Sat and 12 Islands Mon. After we had booked they asked us to swap them round to help balance their numbers so we agreed thinking maybe the brochure had been updated but not checking. So on Sat we did the 12 Islands. Excellent day, excellent trip, No complaints.
On Monday we were picked up in a rickety old mini bus. Taken round the back streets of Fethiye to several supermarkets to buy provisions for the trip. The ladies thought we'd been hijacked. The bus then proceeded over to Olu Deniz where we were stuck on a small tatty boat for a six Island trip. We didn't see the blue lagoon or butterfly valley and didn't dey any time at Olu. My wife could not get off the boat to swim as the steps were rusty and falling apart. There were no showers as promised and a couple of us had bad guts from the food.
We went back to the booking spot a couple of days later and complained but they were all excuses. We asked for a part refund but n chance. I pointed out my CBF badge and advised him to watch this week. He said he couldn't care less. My moral is if you want a proper boat trip to Olu Deniz then give Prenses Cruises a wide birth.
Ken
[:(!][:(!]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 19:09:05 PM by kenkay »

Offline lindi

Cruises
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 09:33:45 AM »
Thanks Ken, we love the cruises and have yet to go on a bad one so it's good to know in advance those to avoid!

lindi :)

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
Cruises
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 12:30:11 PM »
I bet that put the fear of Allah into him, when he saw your CBF badge:D

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Cruises
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 13:00:06 PM »
I think Scunner has the perfect career opportunity here.
We have nearly 2000 members now providing free consumer reports on the site.
He should get stickers for the windows of all businesses & give them one to five stars. Charging them a hefty premium for the stars & of course renewing then on a yearly basis.
Of course bad establishments should be given a badge that just says CBF for Calis Beach Failure (or worse) without the star but charge them double the price of good establishments.
He could rename it Consumer Bureau Fact or First - I'm sure someone can come up with something better.

Thanks Ken for bringing them to everyones attention - wish everyone would name & shame those who give bad service.

Linda

Offline xanadu

Cruises
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 09:24:07 AM »
And that would make us .......how popular? Keith and I live here Linda, can you imagine the sort of reception we would get when we walked around our home town? Or the sort of aggro we might receive? It isn't UK, and things are done differently here and it can get nasty when business is concerned.

Posts like Kenkay's draws enough attention to avoid places and we feel this is enough. I don't want to start wearing a bullet proof vest ! lol

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Cruises
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 11:35:22 AM »
Heidi
It was a tongue in cheek response - HONEST!
I just thought it was really funny flashing a CBF badge at someone.
My mind then went off at a tangent & I thought it might give you all a laugh.
I didn't mean anyone to take my suggestion seriously.
Put the bullet proof vest away Heidi & lighten up.
Linda

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Cruises
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 11:43:17 AM »
Kenkay,

Next time try Fet Cap - they are based near the Merhaba Bar. We had two trips with them in July and they were both excellent. We were picked up in modern vehicles and the boat trip (12 islands) was spot on. We then did the gorge and once again could not fault them.

Stoop

Offline grinrod

Cruises
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 19:16:59 PM »
A blue peter badge may scare them even more. Try and get one thats about 10 inch diameter for maximum effect!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf