Author Topic: Re new terminal  (Read 9406 times)

Offline Ray1951

Re: Re new terminal
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 19:17:36 PM »
Are there new lounges in the new terminal?  Also can anyone give me some tips/prices re airport lounges at Ataturk Istanbul.  Thanks in advance.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 08:39:39 AM »
Came through new terminal, fairly quickly, had to wait a little while for assistance to come to collect my mom from the plane, that said still quicker than any UK airport!. Luggage already coming through and our transfer man parked literally right outside the door. Day time flight so all good, hoping the return will be as smooth.

Offline IanK

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 13:23:53 PM »
Are there new lounges in the new terminal?  Also can anyone give me some tips/prices re airport lounges at Ataturk Istanbul.  Thanks in advance.
There is a CIP lounge in the new terminal - just on the right up the stairs when you come out of the new duty free shopping area. TL180 per person  - less if you have a Priority Pass or similar.

Just likle the old one but a bit more modern and spacious.

Ian

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 22:19:40 PM »
Thank you Ian, grateful,for your advice.

Offline bells

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 12:04:06 PM »
We came back 2 weeks ago and the biggest problem was at check in with people's luggage being over weight.  They let them go and get money from the hole in the wall facing the check in or let them move around luggage from bag to bag, all while we waited behind them.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 12:23:04 PM »
In fairness Bells, that's nothing to do with the new terminal, it has always been the same even going back to the days of the original international terminal (now demolished)

Offline IanK

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 13:09:23 PM »
Whilst I agree its not New Terminal related, when we flew home last week we were checking in for the TC flight with only cabin bags. 2 Identical small cases, one 7kg the other 4.5 kg.  the Check in rep insisted that they were 6kg max, and that I transfer some stuff from one to the other !

Ian

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 13:21:35 PM »
Whilst I agree its not New Terminal related, when we flew home last week we were checking in for the TC flight with only cabin bags. 2 Identical small cases, one 7kg the other 4.5 kg.  the Check in rep insisted that they were 6kg max, and that I transfer some stuff from one to the other !

Ian

Ian, if you were only taking cabin bags onboard, what were you doing at check in?

Offline bells

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 13:37:59 PM »
Very true Liz101   :)

Offline IanK

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 17:10:15 PM »
Ian, if you were only taking cabin bags onboard, what were you doing at check in?

Checking in! - we didnt have boarding passes as unlike Easyjet, with TC you cant print 2 weeks ahead of your return with your outbound passes.

I guess I could have downloaded and printed them whilst in Turkey but didnt get around to it.

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf