Author Topic: Exchange Rate - Banks  (Read 13532 times)

Offline davybill

Re: Exchange Rate - Banks
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 20:27:50 PM »
 8) 8) 8)I think he gives the Police a good rate Jacqui. 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 20:29:00 PM »
Wow,  I am now wondering should we get some money before we come over in September, just in case the rate drops dramatically.
If I were you Jacqui. I would be more concerned how much they want to charge you to fly here ,as you have said on here it costs you a lot more to fly here from Scotland than England. and to be honest with you . you could get a better deal going elsewhere, and take it from me, nothing is happening here, people are leaving and other people not  bothering to come out again this year. pop off and have a chicken topkapi in Spain or Portugal. wont cost you as much and you will certainly meet more people than here. then you can still come on CBF and tell people how much better it was, if you have the bottle.   ;)  :) Regards Des.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 20:35:36 PM »
If Spain and Portugal are better Des, wouldn't you be living there now?  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 20:49:48 PM »
We have already booked for the trip over.  As we are lucky enought to have a lovely Villa we really like to spend time there.   We  do not do a lot, just chill out by the pool and have some lovely dinners out.  Great to be outside in our own place in comfort and privacy.
We did just come back from a Baltic Cruise where we visited 7 different countries, so we are not soley visiting Calis. We may even have a trip somewhere before Christmas.
Looking forward to our trip over to Calis just had some work on the house and a new coat of paint so looking forward to seeing it.  It is looking good from the pictures we have received. 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2015, 20:59:19 PM »
Forgive me Jacqui - that may all be very interesting but what has it got to do with Exchange Rates.   ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2015, 21:06:09 PM »
Just answering Des's question about not coming to Calis.  I gave the reasons why we will be coming. Also, missed out one reason.  The exchange rate is very good now, will have to see just how much shopping I can do in a month..  ;D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2015, 21:16:28 PM »
NO and NO... but you never know what will happen in Turkey.
Yeah, I can see the sense in hedging your bets and exchanging half now and half when you are over there. But unfortunately I can't really see any good news for Turkey in the next three months. In two weeks, when the Easyjet flights for Bristol-Dalaman are released, I will book a Turkey trip for the 20th year and this time we will take our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter with us. I do wonder how many more visits there will be even at these advantageous exchange rates.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 07:02:40 AM »
We have already booked for the trip over.  As we are lucky enought to have a lovely Villa we really like to spend time there.   We  do not do a lot, just chill out by the pool and have some lovely dinners out.  Great to be outside in our own place in comfort and privacy.
We did just come back from a Baltic Cruise where we visited 7 different countries, so we are not soley visiting Calis. We may even have a trip somewhere before Christmas.
Looking forward to our trip over to Calis just had some work on the house and a new coat of paint so looking forward to seeing it.  It is looking good from the pictures we have received. 

Its looking nice Jacqui, Love the colour.  ;)  :)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2015, 07:08:12 AM »
If Spain and Portugal are better Des, wouldn't you be living there now?    :)
not at the moment Keith, exchange rate good here at the mo, but later maybe when we see how the Politiclal Fiasco here sorts itself out.   ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 08:47:18 AM »
It is called Mavi Villa Des......... Apologies to H 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf