Author Topic: Holiday money  (Read 8503 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Holiday money
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 10:09:31 AM »
Personally, I can't be bothered to comb the town to get a slightly better rate, especially in this heat. If I was changing thousands of £, maybe that would be different, but say you change £100 & one rate is 0.01 better than down the road, it'll mean you get a whole 1tl extra - hardly life changing      :)

Totally agree. 

Personally, if I didn't use Finansbank I simply used the nearest doviz - irrespective of whether I'm in Fethiye or Istanbul or Ankara.

Two or three kuruş either way and it really isn't a lot of money - rate just now is 4.58tl to the pound, change £500 (at that rate) and you'll get 2,290tl.  Hunt about and you may get 4.60 which gives you 2,300tl meaning you will gain 10tl.

Sometimes life is simply too short...

JF

but that 10lira is one step up on the Efes monitor   :)

Offline sgc

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 14:19:02 PM »
I just posted on another thread about some of the best cards available.

You should be able to get the Monzo card before you leave using a "Golden Ticket":

https://monzo.com/golden-ticket/?utm_campaign=golden_ticket&utm_content=2LRxIvmHa7Jm7hv6TbvXad&utm_medium=golden_ticket&utm_source=referral_link

This will give you the mastercard spot rate on transactions and will allow you to get £1000 cash per 30 day period with a maximum of £250 per day. I.e. you can withdraw £250 four times in a rolling 30 day period.

Good luck!

Offline sgc

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 12:31:06 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf