Author Topic: Recommended Clothes shop and also Cosmetics Shop.  (Read 3290 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Recommended Clothes shop and also Cosmetics Shop.
« on: May 21, 2015, 08:54:14 AM »
I would recommend Koton which have a branch in the new shopping mall Erasta in Fethiye and also in the lane with the umbrellas just down from Ramadan.   Really nice clothes and not lots of polyester. Plenty made of cotton.  I bought a maxi dress, white with blue flowers. Prices are very good, some tops are only around £7.00.  They do outsize, maternity, mens and children's wear too.  Got my Granddaughter some nice stuff in there.

Second Recommendation is for "Gratis" which is a Chemists chain, with all the well know make up productions Revlon,Max Factor  L' Oreal (the L'Oreal day and night  cream is  £11.00 in the U.K. about 7TL there.  Also have a make-up  ranged called Golden Rose and there is a lovely selection of bronzing powders in all shades.  Apply with a Make up brush all over the face, gives a great tanned glow.  I have been back and bought more and got one for my daughter too. They also have little perfumes with bottles shaped as apples, in green, gold, red, blue. All different fresh fragrances. I bought two for my Granddaughter last year, as they where about £1.00 each.  My daughter started to use them, as she really like the fragrances.  Have bought four more this year. Gratis have a branch in the shopping centre and again in the street with umbrellas, on the same side as Dikmens.       ;)

Offline Bluwise

Re: Recommended Clothes shop and also Cosmetics Shop.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 14:41:05 PM »
Great prices - must have a browse when we are over.  Thanks Jacqui.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 15:09:45 PM »
Do Gratis have a mascara brand that you can recommend. One that doesn't have flakes in it or ends up in blotchy lumps!

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 16:35:08 PM »
I read a good tip for mascara, when it starts to clump, clean the brush with a wet wipe or something and then add 2 drops of eye drops (eg Optrex) into the tube. Insert the brush and shake it a bit. It seemed to work for me and extends the life of your mascara. ( I did it at night to give it time to work )  :D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 21:56:17 PM »
Thanks Lotty but I am really looking for a mascara recommendation generally. I have bought several new mascaras recently after the Body Shop stopped doing the one I used to buy.

I bought two from the Body Shop that I discovered had flakey bits intended to lengthen the eye lash no doubt but looked clumpy and just vile.

I got a No7 freeby with a gift selection from Boots with a curved brush that I really liked but when I went to buy it they had discontinued it so tried an alternative that turned out to be clumpy.

I really just want one that goes on nice and smoothly doesn't have flakes, doesn't clog or if it gets on your skin you need sandpaper to get it off.

We can buy most brands here so if anyone has a recommendation... or if anyone has one of the gift bags (given with protect and perfect purchases) from several years ago which was pink with retro flowers on it and still has the unused mascara which had a grey coloured outside I would be prepared to pay for it    :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 22:07:30 PM »
I dd see Mascara but did not buy any.  I find the Maybelline is a good one.  It won an award for the best Mascara.   This is the one I have used.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/MAYBELLINE-GREAT-LASH-MASCARA-BLACK/dp/B004JA5VZQ
Thanks for the tip Lottie.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 22:12:27 PM »
Thanks Jacqui   :)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 06:25:06 AM »
Yes I like Maybelline too, the pink and green tube. It has a thinner brush not thick and clumpy. I am currently trying Voluminous by L'Oreal. It claims not to clump and is ok so far. (I am using that tip below!)   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 09:21:09 AM »
I forgot to say.  I was watching the Morning Show with Phil and Amada a few weeks ago and their Make-up Expert was recommending products.  She had an older lady she was making up and the make up was really stunning.  The lipstick she used was MUA and believe it our not it is only £1.00.  I bought some in Superdrug. In fact, I bought five.  Lovely shades, really glistens when you wear it and stays a long time.  I am not sure if they have it in Turkey, but if they do, would highly recommend it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf