Author Topic: Good News - Fethiye Residence office  (Read 10401 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Good News - Fethiye Residence office
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 21:29:04 PM »
You very rarely are.  ;)

Offline Troy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 01:58:14 AM »
We so often criticize the Turkish government and their policies. I always try to see their intent.

In the end, usually after a bit of confusion, things turn out alright for us. Opening an office to renew residence permits is a very nice gesture. They could just as easily said "come to Muğla."

Perhaps we should be more forgiving of our host government's faults, and more appreciative of their efforts to help us feel at home in Turkey.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2015, 02:05:53 AM »
I agree Troy - and most often the people we deal with along these complicated paper trails are as frustrated with them as we are.

What I would say is that there are people (like Inspector) who know the overblown system and using their contacts know how to cut a few corners for us. What I like about Mustafa/Inspector is that he may be doing this for a living now, but when he helped so many of us 10 years ago he didn't do it for money, he did it because he could.

Offline Troy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2015, 02:09:35 AM »
If Inspector Mustafa is doing it for money now, I say, God bless him. I hope he makes a fortune. Money well spent by foreigners and money well earned by Mustafa.

I knew a Turk who tried to help expats with various things expats need. She tried to charge the least amount of money she could just to get by. She ended up quitting. Too much hassle. It seems to me that if you pay a few quid to somebody like Mustafa to get things done, it just might be money well spent.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2015, 11:29:38 AM »

If Inspector Mustafa is doing it for money now, I say, God bless him. I hope he makes a fortune. Money well spent by foreigners and money well earned by Mustafa.

Absolutely, I think one way to gauge a person in business is to wonder if they'd be so helpful if they weren't getting paid - and Mustafa proved that many years ago when he sorted out problems because he knew how to.

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 17:11:48 PM »
This is definitely good news to read. Don't suppose there is any actual date? My residence runs out 22nd January, just weighing up risking waiting for December to renew rather than start it all 22 November  :)

Offline Hellzbellz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 06:10:52 AM »
would have edited my previous message but seem to have lost my edit button  :)

Was also wondering, if application sent off end of November and there was a problem with it, would we then be able to go to the new Fethiye office if opened by then to rectify, or would it still have to be Mugla?

Offline Inspector

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 15:46:28 PM »
Hello all,
They changed the starting date of Fethiye Residence office as the end of January.
:-(

Offline Inspector

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 15:53:08 PM »
Governor located an expert officer here in fethiye 3 months ago. But didnt start to serve yet. Renovation of office  finished. Total 4 officer will be working there. most of you know 3 of them were working at foreign police office Ferhiye before.
They just need the start command from Governor.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf