Author Topic: space  (Read 3201 times)

Offline screamlead

space
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 06:11:08 AM »
Just get an external USB hard drive, 500GB around 150-175 TL - transfer all your film collection to that, problem solved. Or the long way round, burn 4-5 AVI movies to DVD then delete from hard drive and play direct in DVD player or using computer DVD player and a program called VLC or GOM player.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
space
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 21:46:03 PM »
Dave: Lance does a mean lunch (home-made pate & Russian black bread!), his good lady is a fab host, the tea is always nice n strong & the Efes cold in his fridge, I'm sure he would appreciate your help, oh btw, he will collect & return foc too  :)

PS: Hope it's ok to let your secret out the bag Lance  :)

Offline screamlead

space
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 07:03:56 AM »
Mark was that aimed at me? think theres a post missing somewhere?

Offline Libra

space
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 08:32:55 AM »
You can create more space on your D partition by shifting free space from your C partition to your D partition. This can be done by programs called partition managers/masters etc.

I am using a program called EaseUs Partition Master. The home edition is free. You can download it here :

http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm

Please read instructions carefully before starting. There is a user guide to chose at program start. No changes are made unless you choose "Apply changes" at the "General" Tab on the upper left corner. So you can explore commands without spoiling anything.

If you leave 50 Gb on partition C and transfer the rest to partition D , then you will have about 180 GB free on partition D.

I also would advice you to buy an external hard drive or to install another internal hard drive , if possibble.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
space
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 19:21:08 PM »
Partitioning was done prior to purchase, I shifted all the op sys to seperate drive to allow as much free space as possible for the films.

I think the problem is that Lance wants to store too much on the laptop he has without buying a bigger hdd or a modern laptop!

Offline martinp2502

space
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 20:36:53 PM »
As others have said you need an external hard drive.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf