Author Topic: Which tablet to buy  (Read 9032 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Which tablet to buy
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 14:22:04 PM »
Just out of interest I used AVG for years on my desktops but found it gradually taking more control of my PC - and in doing so causing a few problems - so I changed to MSE on my desktop and have had no problems whatsoever and less control issues - hence why I chose Avast when I got into tablets.

Although it does keep trying to get me to upgrade to a paid for version - other than that it seems to work well and did have good reviews for phones and tablets.

Be interested to hear other views from more experienced users?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2014, 14:54:46 PM »
but found it gradually taking more control of my PC - and in doing so causing a few problems

In what way?  Its pretty configurable so you can set it up to suit your browsing habits etc, and other than the odd upgrade message I've never noticed any attempt to take control of anything.

JF

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2014, 14:59:49 PM »
From memory now - and my memory is not brilliant after 2/3 years - I had 2 or 3 occasions at least where something (another programme) wouldn't work and after messing around and searching Google for hours ( as you do) I would find that I needed to configure AVG to allow / accept the programme.

Now at first I thought oh that's good its thorough but thorough became tedious after 2 or 3 more so I changed to MSE and found it less problematic (never been asked to configure anything yet) and never had a virus - so maybe AVG was a tad too thorough ?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2014, 15:12:26 PM »
Funnily enough I changed all our anti virus to MSE and after six months changed back to AVG.  Had more issues with undetected stuff with MSE in six months than in god knows how many years with AVG.

Don't recall ever having to configure AVG to suit a particular application in recent years, for most users it simply works right out the box although you can tinker with it to suit how you work.

JF

Offline Marggie

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2014, 11:47:36 AM »
I wonder if any of you experienced tablet users can help.

1.  How do I copy and paste?  The on-screen keyboard has no mouse facility so can't right click.

2.  Has anybody found an on-screen Turkish keyboard?

Have been looking at the Samsung apps but AVG advised against the one I chose.  Also looked at Emoji - does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2014, 13:31:25 PM »
On my iPad, to copy and paste I press finger where you want to start copy it will highlight, then drag to the end it will give options select/select all/paste. Select what you need then it will offer to cut or copy - choose then press finger where you want it pasted and select paste - hey presto. Hope this makes sense!    :)
I loaded mojo from apps store.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2014, 13:47:46 PM »
Thanks Lotty, that does make sense on a document, but how do you copy and paste a link?   :)  Suppose I'm being thick now, probably mark beginning and mark end as in a document.  Will go and try on my tablet.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2014, 14:23:57 PM »
Woop, woop Lotty, success! Managed to copy a link to a test page.  There are  many Mojo apps, which one did you use and does it have a Turkish keyboard?  Many thanks.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2014, 14:57:25 PM »
Here's the link to my version Marrgie, I Just downloaded from itunes store. I don't know about keyboard but to use, just click on the icon bottom of page (it looks like a globe) and pick one or more emojis you want to use where you have positioned the curser.   :) maybe this is just an apple version?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/emoji-keyboard-2-animated/id738989604?mt=8

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf