Author Topic: Another  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Victor

« on: March 17, 2007, 23:39:30 PM »
Hi everyone. I have been reading this forum on and off for about a year now so I guess it is time to introduce myself. I have been to Oludeniz a number of times over the last few years and I love the place, and some of its surrounding areas. I was there last in October 2005 (I like the paragliding festival) and looked at lots of properties. My house in England has been on the market since then, suffice to say it has remained unsold, but it will happen eventually I suppose. I think that what I like more about Turkey is how I feel when I am there. My main concern about taking the big leap forward is how I shall earn a living. I have a long background in manufacturing. Need another estate agent? :-)

Vic

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Another
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 23:44:00 PM »
Hi Victor
Welcome to the forum.  
Anne

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Another
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 23:46:15 PM »
welcome victor you are like many on here who wish to leave old england and live abroad we to are in the same boat waiting to retire and get a pension can't see us working abroad,so will wait for our pensions

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 00:18:39 AM »
Hi Victor. Your sentiments will resonate with a lot of members of the forum. We cant wait until the next time we are back in Turkey. I'm sure you will get lots of advice from Brits living in Turkey how to make a living out there. Welcome to the forum

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Another
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 08:17:12 AM »
Hi and a very warm welcome to the Forum. Can't help with the work bit but when you are able to escape, rest assured it will be worth the wait. :)

Offline Victor

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 08:24:23 AM »
Hi Anne, Puma and HappyMonday. Thank you very much for your warm reception. :-)

Vic

Offline Victor

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 08:28:29 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

Hi and a very warm welcome to the Forum. Can't help with the work bit but when you are able to escape, rest assured it will be worth the wait. :)

Thank for your welcome and words of encouragement. I am sure I will find something to do. I am still in my forties so I should think there is still some work left in me. :-)

Vic

Offline Orange

Another
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 09:12:25 AM »
Welcome Victor...

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Another
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 10:59:32 AM »
Hi Victor, welcome to the forum, workwise i don't there's much you can do in Turkey til they join the EU, unless you can get a jobas an airline rep, or something that a Turk can't do, unless you find somewhere there is a certain number of Turks working so they can employ a foriegner. Alan

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Another
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 11:08:05 AM »
Hi Victor, welcome to the forum. Hope thigs go well for you but as other members have said, it is not very easy to get work in Turkey as a foreigner.
Pete

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf