Author Topic: Walks from Kaya Koy to Olu  (Read 5311 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Walks from Kaya Koy to Olu
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 19:37:49 PM »
Melanie, this will be beautiful climate to walk in.  I thoroughly recommend you walk down to Kay from Hisaronu - we did it a few years ago with my parents who were in their sixties at the time - it took around 1.5 hours.  We havent walked on from Kaya, but would love to go to Af Kule. Im out in four weeks with some friends who are keen walkers - I have young children but they dont, so would be grateful if you could let us know how you get on and if you do this walk so I can pass on any comments or guidance for them. cheers.

Offline Melanie

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 20:14:49 PM »
Thanks Sue  :)
I'll be more than happy to let you know how it went.  How old are your munchkins so I can gauge suitability?

Did you ever get to the Turkish night that I read you discussing and if so was it any good? I'd rather get insider tips on the best/most authentic nights out to make the most of our week out there.

Cheers!
Melanie

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 20:31:01 PM »
Try the Nomad Tents at Calis.  They have authentic Turkish music.
Lovely and relaxing.
I put some pictures on a couple of days ago under Bar pics.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 20:47:29 PM »
The turkish night was good value for money - and the dances were really good. However it felt a bit touristy for me, but if you want to see a good belly dancer and some traditionl folk dance then its fine. The wine was a little vinigery, but then what can you expect when the whole night is only £15!! not sure if it will be up and running just yet though.  Must say, you will find most restaurants down in Kaya Koy authentic. And I can wholly recommend the Levissi WINEHOUSE and the Kaya Winehouse - both a little more expensive than the usual, but so enchanting. If you want phone numbers for any, drop me an email, as they will both come and pick you up from your accomodation in Ovacik and return you after the meal. Both have their own web pages for you to look at.  Oh, and the kids are 2 and 6!! Probably would only be my two friends who do the walk..

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 20:48:24 PM by sue mac »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 04:54:08 AM »
If anyone wants a guide or just a bit of company on a walk in the area, contact me through my profile.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf