Author Topic: growing tomatos in turkey  (Read 2471 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
growing tomatos in turkey
« on: April 29, 2008, 21:12:01 PM »
just reading a post there about tomato plants (I have just commenced growing my own in conservatory here in Liverpool!)- I am not due out to Turkey until end of May. Would it be possible to plant some tomato plants then? And if so, how soon would I get fruit? Our place will be occupied for at least four weeks from when I arrive, (then we would have to rely on the gardener or our good neighbours (Jo![ ;)) to water for a few weeks before we return for the whole month of August. It would be nice to have a ready supply of tomatos for the month of August....:P Thanks for any info.

Offline peecee

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 17:13:43 PM »
Hi SueMac, think you would be lucky to get any tomato plants that late in the season but if you do then probably late August/early September.  Never know, weather is odd at the moment, not espcially hot so you may be lucky

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 21:34:23 PM »
Thank you Peecee. Bit surprised to hear of the "not especially hot" weather!! shant worry too much about the tomato plants, but hope the weather picks up - it seems to be hotter here in scousealand than out there at the moment!!

Offline mel binks

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »
Does anyone know if there is anywhere to buy plum tomato seeds in the Fethiye or surrounding area? I've come across some but they were only sold them by the kg when I only wanted a few!

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 13:19:27 PM »
They sell them in the markets when they are about, they price them per kilo but you can buy what you want . ;)

Offline mel binks

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 10:31:46 AM »
Thanks for that will look out for them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf