Author Topic: Children's Photo's on the Board?  (Read 1776 times)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Children's Photo's on the Board?
« on: May 25, 2008, 11:26:05 AM »
CBF is on the whole a good all round family board  :) we have got to know each other fairly well & I think we look out for each other & the trouble makers who arrive every now & again.... but I have been getting more concerned about our children having their photo's on the board, is this really such a good idea?

I don't want to spoil their fun, it's great that they can get to know each other & then keep in touch  :) which is really great for them & their families (bored kids are a nightmare!)  ;)

A couple of things have prompted me to post my thoughts now; The recent onslaught of hackers & spammers has 'irritated me' (a lot) : :) this has also caused me to think about the dangers it may pose & just how 'vulnerable' children are to others accessing so much information about them, their families & the ability to make contact with them.

Am I the only massive 'worry wart'  :-\

:-\ Oop's forgot about 'editing' before a reply is made jumps to locked Topic's, sorry [8)]

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 11:38:59 AM »
I'll reply before you get it locked again ;-)

I can see your point and it would worry me if I was a parent of young children.

Open floor I guess.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 13:56:58 PM »
There is an inherrant risk here and certainly more so if children are 'posing' in swim wear. Best to post a  picture that is fairly innane, though this spoils the fun of it. Sports clubs in the UK struggle with this issue. There are no easy answers.  I guess parents need to monitor it but if in doubt don't kid yourself there is no risk!

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 19:08:12 PM »
Thanks Stoop  :)

:) Stuart, It's not so much the 'type of photo posted,(they all seem to be head & shoulders) it's the possible access to them.  Not only directly from the board but they can easily be identified and 'perhaps' their confidence gained more easily because of the amount of info that's shared on the board, by them & their family's.

Thankfully my son is grown up now  8), if this posting results in some taking a bit of extra care, it will be worth my being seen as a 'worry wart' for a bit  :-\ 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf