Author Topic: Olu Deniz resort and Club sun city  (Read 6037 times)

Offline Fettlers

• Warrington, UK
Olu Deniz resort and Club sun city
« on: June 19, 2008, 21:35:02 PM »
Some funny goings on in these hotels this year!! We have just returned from Olu Deniz resort hotel, a favourite of ours for the past 5 years. It appears that both these hotels have been sub let to a group called Noa and it ain't going down well I can tell you. Problems with food/staff /entertainment/service :(
        Can anyone shed any light on the subject? my big question is if it ain't broke why fix it???

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 03:56:34 AM »
I've heard that a couple of hotels in Oludeniz have been let to a Russian company to be used specifically for Russian tourists. Perhaps it's these two.

Offline milliemars

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 07:35:40 AM »
We were speaking to a waiter that had been working there for 5years,he told us the hotel had been sold and the new owners sacked all the original staff that worked there.Olu Deniz Resort hotel was the first place we ever stayed in in Turkey many happy memories there.

Offline Fettlers

• Warrington, UK
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 21:39:17 PM »
Yes only a handful of some very long serving staff left. Who were you chatting to Milliemars?

Offline milliemars

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 08:53:12 AM »
Zafir I think thats how he spells his name,He got a job in one of the Hotels in Ovacik,but has since moved on from there too.Really nice Guy

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 18:01:04 PM »
oh dear. So the russians are on their way to Olu. thought they had settled in Antalya..:(  My friends have apartment in Antalya, and say the Russians are the rudest race they have ever met.  Sorry if this sounds racist, not meant to, but I have heard this from not only British people, but from the local Turkish people also.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 18:04:03 PM by sue mac »

Offline milliemars

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 18:14:13 PM »
They are not only rude but can be very arrogant I am not being racist either

Offline Fettlers

• Warrington, UK
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 21:44:52 PM »
There were a handful of Russians in the hotel in May and yes they were both rude and arrogant, this was a surprise to me as I have never come across this nationality on holiday before. There has always been a good mix in this hotel, English,Turkish,Belgians and German families and that is one reason why we liked it.

Offline Glenn66

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 12:38:36 PM »
Again like the postings above I believe in giving everyone a chance and take people as I find them but during a holiday in Incekum (near Antalya) several years ago, we stayed at a hotel that was mostly Russians.I didn't have a problem with that but after only a few days of being exposed to Russians I can honestly say they are the most ignorant,rude,agressive people I have met anywhere and I've travelled a bit!
"Highlights" included watching their children spitting onto the hard working Turkish waiters from off a balcony in the bar.This was in full view of their parents who laughed and cheered them on!
Having the spatula snatched from my hand at the self service counter in the restaurant by a Russian bloke who when I protested swung at me, resulting in the waiters having to "separate" us.
Myself being propositioned by a Russian "working" lady at the bar infront of my partner.These are just the edited highlights of what was a horrific experience of the Russian race. I am sure there are plenty of civilised decent Russians out there, just none at the hotel Oz Kymak in Incekum!
Glenn

Offline civciv

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 22:49:23 PM »
I worked as a tour rep in Torremolinos in the early 90's and my 4 star hotel had a group of about 30 russian pilots for a few months.. These guys ate their way through every buffet without leaving much for my poor guests to eat. I had to warn my guests at the welcome meeting to go for dinner when the restaurant opened.

They were very strange - always staring at women, following them with their eyes.. creepy. I complained to the hotel manager who spoke to their group "leader" and berated them for their behaviour.

Having met them in Marmaris in my female friend's leather shop, their behaviour was also rude.. they couldnt even be bothered to say hello back to her when she spoke to them in Russian.. all they wanted is to barter and offer ridiculous prices and bought nothing. Most Turks dont like them as they spend nothing, the only thing they seem to spend money on is excursions. I know thats because they have little money but dont go shopping if you cant afford it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf