Author Topic: another new one  (Read 1501 times)

Offline val-erie

another new one
« on: July 31, 2008, 21:19:58 PM »
Hi, my name is valerie. I have read these forums for a while as i have been planning to visit Turkey for about three years, however i always ended up elsewhere (morrocco, egypt,cyprus, greece etc) so this year, at last, i am getting to Turkey!!  very excited!  flights are booked and i am doing the dove tan thing!!! Keep up the good work the insight into this place is a great help to us all. :)val

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
another new one
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 21:28:57 PM »
Welcome Valerie to the Forum. Which part of Turkey are you goimg?  Bruce

Offline val-erie

another new one
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 22:07:38 PM »
thank you for your kind welcome.  around the calis beach area....lol got the flights booked but can't make up my mind which apartment to book, i adore the idea of a bit of luxury but on my budget i think i am rather hoping!!  knowing me i will book the day befor i leave...by then i will be demented with worry and wondering why i always leave stuff to the last minute!!! [:o)]  but hey i really don't care i just need my dose of sun, sea, pool, nice people etc.  i have posted another post but seem to have lost it....have to suss out what i am meant to be doing on here,  apologies to all if it has ended up somewhere where it is not meant to be!!!  ha ha  
is it really as good as everyone says (addictive place)?  valx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
another new one
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 22:11:42 PM »
It is  :)

Offline val-erie

another new one
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 22:22:15 PM »
i need the next three weeks to disappear, can't wait!! How fair is ovacik in real terms from calis, i have experience of 'a short walk to .... beach' in past hols!  i stopped booking through agents years ago and prefer the do it yourself type thing....if i was twenty years younger i think i would be back packing!!  However i do like the pool and the odd luxury!!  if you were going to calis for the first time where would you stay? all answere welcome.   anyone seen my lost post?

Offline val-erie

another new one
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 22:34:38 PM »
Found post..... lol....is this ok here in the newbies?  when is a newbie not a newbie?
Hi, now that i have posted my newbie message, can i ask what the position is with joining the eu? how will it affect ex pats and people with holiday homes. the affect on the currency? inflation> I really do not want to live in the uk and keep umming and ahhhing (procrastinating) about where to go. Now that is done with what is the best 'girly' drink out there and what beer do the lads favour? and....any risk to women on there own with a young child and is there risk of crime 'pick pockets' etc? will my little girl be safe on the beaches etc all info most welcome?...Lucy has mild cerebral palsy and hemi plegia, she is very able but hates loads of stairs/steps how are disabled catered for in Turkey?
valere

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
another new one
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 06:05:08 AM »
Hi and a very warm welcome to the Forum. :)

Offline Mr Pickles

another new one
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 06:15:18 AM »
Hi Valerie, welcome to CBF. Most answers to your questions can be found within the forum, and if you have managed holidays with Lucy in Morroco, Egypt, Cyprus, Greece etc, you will be fine in Calis - so instead of tanning the doves in Ipswich ..... 'Why don't you come on over Val-erie' :D

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
another new one
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 16:46:14 PM »
hi valerie and a warm welcome

Offline heatherhanum

another new one
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 14:41:30 PM »
Hi Valerie welcome to this fab forum. If you have any questions or queries just ask away. The members are very helpful, knowlwdgeable and friendly.
Heather x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf