Author Topic: Worst Ever Restaurant Experience/Kenny/Pea  (Read 11364 times)

Offline Jackie Knight

Worst Ever Restaurant Experience/Kenny/Pea
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 12:18:58 PM »
Laffa, My mascara has run crying tears of laughter.:D:D lol

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 12:54:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

Good on yah Scun.
I know what Kennys worse was,  Him and his mate went for one of those special offers in town, and it was packed, so they had to share a table with 2 girls, when the meal came to the table and Kenny started to eat it. he sneezed, and a long piece of snot came out of his nose, as he tried to sniff the snot back up to hide his embarressment, it picked a pea up. yes, you guessed , he got up and left.

HA HA , Classic!  IBH!  :D:D:D:D:D

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 13:08:31 PM »
Afghanistan 1968, 80 miles north of Kabul, heading up to Bamyan to see the giant Buddha statues, (sadly destroyed by the Taliban)
as we were heading up to the high mountain passes  a storm had set in and the snow had blocked the roads, so we had to turn back
and spend the night in a small Afghan village. there were four of us traveling together two English one Dutch and a British born Pakistani
on his way to his first ever trip to his home land. We found the local cay house and went in for a meal.  Inside was a large pit about 8x4 feet
and about 5 feet deep with burning coals at the bottom and a huge slab of rock suspended 2 feet above for a table, sitting around the table,
on the floor with their feet dangling over the fire sat four Afghans,  we joined them and ordered a tea ( Afghanistan is the first country on
route to India were you can get tea like we have at home). Although the cay house was lovely and warm the reception we received from the Afghans
was frostier than the two feet of snow outside which was unusual as Afghan hospitality is on a par, if not better than Turkish hospitality.
The owner had joined the locals in what seemed to be a sneering contest when suddenly our Pakistani friend jumped to his feet and started shouting
and screaming at them, waving his hands about in real anger, the Afghans looked shocked and sat there in silence as a full on tirade was aimed at them,
and  then came the silence, was this the lull before the storm, Afghan tribesmen are armed to the teeth, daggers on their waists and bullet belts across the chest
and I sat their in real fear for my life. One of the tribesmen got up and sat next to the Pakistani and a calm conversation ensued culminating with the Pakistani apologizing
on behalf of the Afghans, with that the owner produced bowls of undefined bones and gristle stew, rough unleavened bread which tasted as bad as it looked.
The rest of the evening passed without incident before retiring to a bare room with pallets on the floor for sleeping.
My Pakistani friend was a pharsee speaker, as were the Afghans and he heard them calling us heathens and godless individuals who wasn't worthy of eating with them.
when he stood up he told them that they should be ashamed by treating guests that way and that we were every bit as god fearing as they were and that we worshiped the same god but in different ways it obviously struck the right note. 8)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 13:16:47 PM »
OMG Moe- how havent we heard that before - pure gold!LMAO!

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 18:57:33 PM »
I read it this morning - went into the bedroom and woke nick up to tell him - we were both laughing!

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 22:37:21 PM »
Mr A's story there some how puts what I was going to say about the Taj Mahal restaurant on the High Street in the conference league of restaurant bad experiences. I just had a couple of soggy poppadoms!

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 22:51:04 PM »
Just revisited this thread, read it out to the kids and we are all 4 sitting laughing -Nick is wiping away the tears.....

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 22:54:08 PM »
I can't get this story out of my head, it has disturbed me greatly

Offline BlackAdder

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 23:12:04 PM »
Years ago on a stag night, there were about 12 of us, including Togger, who could sweet talk anyone into anything, and Rosey, who was known for being rather load (like Brian Blessed but louder).
Anyway, we had a few shandies and decided to try for a curry before going clubbing, We got to the local indian but the bloke on the door wasn't keen, as there were a dozen boozy blokes. Togger got to work on him and we knew it would only take a couple of minutes before we'd be in (this was a bloke who could sell sand to arabs).
Just as the doorman was saying "well, ok then", Rosey pipes up from the back "HEY TOGGER, HAS THAT UGLY C*** GIVEN IN YET ?".
We settled for a bag of chips...

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 23:28:23 PM »
Laffa

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf