Author Topic: Uzumlu Open Garden Days May 10th  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Firo

Uzumlu Open Garden Days May 10th
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:05:47 AM »
Üzümlü Open Gardens Day - Sunday 10th May      

This special event is being organised by Fethiye Times Gardening Club in conjunction with FIG and the Üzümlü Cement Works Protest Group, who are still raising money to pay legal bills in their successful fight against the proposed cement works.

All proceeds from the event will go to these three organisations.

Basically we have pinched the idea from many similar events held annually in the UK, where people throw open their gardens for a small entry fee with proceeds going to good causes.

In this case you pay 2TL for a map showing the location of the four open gardens and then drive around to visit them showing your map to gain entry.

The four gardens are very different in size and style, and spread from one in Incirköy to one almost at the foot of the road up to the Cadianda site.

They will be open from 1pm - 4pm on May 10th with a plant stall located in one garden and refreshments on sale in another.

All items for sale will be priced at 1TL.

So a very pleasant way to spend Sunday afternoon in Üzümlü, visiting gardens, pausing for tea and a scone, buying a plant or two to take home.

You can buy your map in advance - and each person needs a map to gain entry - or buy the map at the first garden you visit.

Maps will be available from FIG on Wednesdays and Fridays, and will be on sale at Hisarönü Car Boot Sale on 12th April, at Çalis Car Boot Sale on 26th April and at the Cadianda quiz nights in Uzumlu.

And you can also help in other ways.

We hope Fethiye Times Gardening Club members will volunteer to be ‘on duty' checking maps at the entrance to a garden, or donating plants for sale, or baking a cake/a few scones and donating them to the refreshments stall.

If you have plants/cakes to donate but can't actually attend on the day e-mail ptemiz@aol.com or Firo and we will arrange to come and collect your donation ahead of the event.

Also e-mail me if you are willing to be a garden gatekeeper or help sell plants/refreshments.

Volunteers will not need to buy maps.

We'll be letting you know when and where maps are on sale shortly and look forward to seeing lots of you in Üzümlü on Sunday 10th May.

Firo
Copied from the Fethiye Times web site.

Offline foggiestmeldrum

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 08:29:41 AM »
Hi,Are these gardens open all year round?,as we are not in Uzumlu till later on in May. I think my mother inlaw would be interested in seeing these,for a day out, as we have been always been busy doing things in the house.A welcome break for a pensioner.

Graeme

Offline Firo

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 16:59:21 PM »
No it's only on the one day I'm afraid but if it is successful it may be repeated next year.
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf