Author Topic: Buying in Ovacik  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Sheri Yates

Buying in Ovacik
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 12:55:17 PM »
Ok,Thank you this is our only option is to re-mortgage but its my Mother In Laws house so don't think she will let us or even like us doing it.Let's hope she is in a good mood when my Partner asks her....

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
Buying in Ovacik
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 19:18:41 PM »
Welcome to CBF and good luck with the property. I came to Calis for the first time August lat year and looked at properties on the very last day.  Now the proud owner of a 3 bed duplex apartment. We arranged our finance in the UK bu got the property through Golden Moon who have been excellent and I would recommend.  Barbara :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Buying in Ovacik
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 19:21:24 PM »
hi and a warm welcome to the forum good luck in your property search

Offline julesbob0303

Buying in Ovacik
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 22:40:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum, and best of luck with the property purchase.   :)

My story is pretty much like babcc's - first time in Calis; last day of hols; put deposit down on a duplex (also with Golden Moon!).  Did you copy me babcc?  We did it the August before!!  :D

We were lucky enough to be able to downsize in the UK, so were able to fund the apartment from the equity in our house.   ;)  Absolutely love the apartment - three more sleeps till we arrive for the whole of August - can't wait.   8)

Offline Sheri Yates

Buying in Ovacik
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 11:33:45 AM »
We would like to buy in Ovacik and since we have come home and looked at various Estate Agents in Turkey we are a bit confused with the pricing.
Apartments seem to be the same price as Villas.
It seems that there is alot of property in Turkey For Sale at the moment so we know its a buyers market what would be a reasonsable
price for a 3bed Villa on a complex?
We hve seen 2 bed villas on a complex for £100,000.00 but then seen detached villa with own pool 3bed for £85,000.00......

Any help wud be grateful.
Thank you

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Buying in Ovacik
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 21:26:48 PM »
hi 4 bedroom villas on our complex are £70,000 unfurnished, 1 on-suite

Offline ovacik2

Buying in Ovacik
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 09:00:44 AM »
H1! Sheri,
Welcome to Ovacik.Ovacik has a lot going for it,living here 1/2 time we may be a tad biased. We have the beach and facilities of Olu Deniz.Hisaronu for the bright and brash we or your young guests may appriciate. Wonderful Fethiye just down the hill with more of most things  than we will ever require. At this time of year the mountain air is much more pleasant than sea level. Though parts of Fethiye coast and parts of Calis have the sea breeze.

House price do seem to be a little higher in Ovacik but as you say there are a lot of places for sale. There is NO set prices all are negotiable even new builds. You really do need to play hard ball. Unfortunatly there are distress sales, people disillusion and need to sell, but at the same time happy to negotiate. Small complex gives a more secure and homley feeling in our view. If you can drive around and see the for sale signs some are agents and many are for sale privately most vendors will be happy to have a knock on the door. If you decide on a place try to visit at all times of day and night just to check on things like noise etc you may not want.

We wish you well with your search, very exciting times. Enjoy!

A & P
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:03:39 AM by ovacik2 »

Offline Sheri Yates

Buying in Ovacik
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 11:04:09 AM »
Hello
Thanks for all your help regarding buying a property.
Puma- Thanks for the email on the villas and the website.
I hate the UK more and more now and just wish I could move to Turkey for good. We are only 42 so can't retire that soon, but its a dream isn't it.
Doing the Lottery every week so fingers crossed... you never know.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf