Author Topic: Can't remember doing this. sorry it's a bit late!  (Read 2984 times)

Offline simon7685

Can't remember doing this. sorry it's a bit late!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 12:57:54 PM »
I have allowed a budget of £50 a day for us.  The little un has got her own money for ice cream etc through earning it herself, she has £10 a day.  We don't really drink, just the odd one, I can't anyway because of all the tablets I take, so that won't eat up much money.  If we can we want to eat out most of the time but it will be down to how the money stretches each day.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 15:06:26 PM »
 :)Simon, if you dont drink your money will stretch out for your holiday, there's lots of little places that do cheap, but nice food, have a good one.:P

Offline friar tuck

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 17:31:04 PM »
Hi Simon welcome to the forum, if you intend to eat out do as laffa says look for the little places off the main tourist track and look in Fethiye where the school kids eat, I use Tas Firin next to Pizza Pizza which I find very cheap, there are also some very good Lokantas opposite the Otogar, hope you enjoy your holiday and have a great time.
Just thought Simon if you can bring sterling with you and change it over in Turkiye you get a far better exchange rate and use a bank or exchange bureau do not use hotel or local shops to change money, enjoy.   :) 8)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 17:37:36 PM by friar tuck »

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 21:26:38 PM »
Hi Simon

You will be fine on the money you mention

You can spend a lot go out each night or just chill we have done both

My wife are there in October and it's a great time of year.

Just ask if you have any questions

Doug 8)

Offline Mr Pickles

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 06:58:04 AM »
Hi Simon, welcome to CBF

I'm sure that you and your family will have a great time, and with a budget of £50 per day (and an occasional sub from your daughter  ;))
you'll be surprised how much you can do (and how little you need) - don't forget that you'll need £10 each for visa's when you arrive.

Ian

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 19:41:20 PM »
I would also suggest that if you go to the Calis Sunday Market, you can pick up lots of best quality fruit and vegetables at unbelievably low prices - also eggs are extremely cheap and all this produce is much tastier than in UK. Because everything's so full of flavour, you'll really enjoy the experience.

The market is not too large but you can rest at the back of the market with a drink and chicken wrap or pancakes (also very cheap) - heaven!

I hope you have a really enjoyable holiday  8) 8) 8)

Susuz

Offline simon7685

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 00:44:42 AM »
Just wanted to say a BIG BIG THANK YOU to everyone for all your tips, advice, ideas and for making me feel soooooo welcome!  We have only ever been to the same place twice before and that was Cyprus but I am so sure we are going to enjoy Calis so much I am planning flights and asking about accomodation for 2010.  Stumbling across this site is one of the best things I've done for a long time!

Offline lynn 1

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 12:46:29 PM »
Hi Simon,
Sorry to hear you've been unwell, you deserve a sunshine break!!
We have just returned from Calis, we ate out every night & fresh bread etc for lunches every day too. Cocktails most nights on top of a few efes, we didn't scrimp and save and even with souvenirs and a silver ring & T shirts for my 15 year old, spent a little under £800. Great value for money, really tasty food and lots of it and the weather is fantastic.  My only advise would be to take drinks and your own food to Dalaman on the way home as the prices at the airport are unbelievable.  Example - 2 slices of pizza and a soft drink 22 lira!! our evening meals were approx 60 lira for 3 of us including drinks, just to give you a comparison. Have a fantastic time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf