Author Topic: Make sure you are secure at night  (Read 7673 times)

Offline kevin b

Make sure you are secure at night
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by micky mouse

I am street wise once bitten twice shy got done in spain years ago but on that occasion we were gased with a spray while sleeping,but hey i lost nothing because my cash was under my pillow.

Is the gassing something that may be done in Turkey hence nobody hears them.

Offline Phil

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 13:23:28 PM »
quote:
we were gased with a spray

how do you know ??

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 13:46:31 PM »
Our place is on the Archways complex and Nicholas did not bother to install any bars on any windows, they did install patio doors that take approx 15 seconds to take off their hinges though!!!  
We, and others have had bars installed, but one theme that we have picked up on is that no one gets burgled when there's no one visiting.  If they believe there are mega rich (I wish) tourists in then they'll give it a shot, if the place is obviously empty then no one bothers to break in.  
Its obvious when someone is in residence, towels out to dry, sun beds scattered around etc, and always assumes they are not bright enough to watch you during daylight hours.  
The theme continues that almost every attempt is in the late hours of the night 0500 onwards, rather than say 0100, when you might return and disturb them.  Archways has/had a night-watchman - he normally goes to sleep at 1030 on one of the communal sun beds, so he has a limited deterrent factor!
We take all valuables to the bedroom and lock ourselves in (en-suit available).

Offline Pompeylil

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 22:04:47 PM »
Hi, to all those in the Ciftlik area, our friends live in the Nicholas Homes complex - Conifer Apartments, their neighbours were broken into, Friday 23rd October, tv taken and laptop.  Saturday 31st October friends who also live in Ciftlik were broken into whilst they were sleeping, money, handbag and laptop taken.  Jandarme say they are professional at what they do.  Please be extra vigilent at night time and keep your properties safely locked.

Offline lizdev

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 09:00:39 AM »
I hope you're right Laika - we're the neighbours Pompeii referred to on Conifer in Ciftlik.  It leaves a horrible feeling having to make sure everything is locked away when you're not in or in bed.  the most frightening thing is when they break in when you're in bed - scary.  We've back in Scotland now so hopefully no break-ins when no-one there to get quick money, jewellery etc.  They took our TV and satellite box because there was nothing else lying about for them.

Offline lizdev

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 17:43:38 PM »
We are in Scotland just now and have just been informed by friends that we have been broken into AGAIN !!!  Second time in 3 months.  When is something going to be done about this.  Feel like just never going back to Ciftlik, but then the thieves will have won.  Nicholas emergencies - ha! they can't be contacted today.  Thank goodness for friends out there.

Offline Pompeylil

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »
How sorry we were to hear that you have been burgled again, we are so sorry for you.  
I have sent you an e mail regarding the village too.
Carol

Offline garyo

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 08:46:42 AM »
More attempted break ins over the last week or so in this area.BE AWARE ! my friend had his scooter stolen form outside his place last week.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf