Author Topic: Calis Beach  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Ray Tweedale

Calis Beach
« on: December 12, 2009, 13:42:54 PM »

Hi everybody just registered with your forum,would like some feedback regarding chalis in November and december,friends of mine have property in Chalis and have offered myself and my wife the use of next year,we don't expect it to be like in summertime, but is it pleasant enough,is everything shut down completely,we are told that many things close down for the winter,but are there sufficient bars, cafes,eating houses etc open in the winter,namely not completely dead.Is there still transport to Fethiye town if chalis is a little too quiet,most grateful for some local info on this subject,cheers everybody,hoping for some replies,Merry Xmas and a happy New Year to you all.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Calis Beach
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 14:27:10 PM »
Çalis can be lovely during the winter.  There's a fair amount open and you can go into Fethyie too.  There's no guarantees on the weather, -in 2007 November was very wet.  This November was really sunny.  So I would say go for it. :D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 14:28:07 PM by Rindaloo »

Offline Old Daffodil

Calis Beach
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 14:46:51 PM »
A lot of people who are living here in Turkey prefer the winter to the summer months. OK the weather can be unpredictable but today we were out walking for a couple of hours and I was too hot with a cardigan on. It did rain heavily in the afternoon but there are bars open and business as usual in quite a few. You do need heating of some sort though,usually the late afternoon/evening can be chilly. Of course you would need warm clothing such as you would wear in Britain but maybe a few t-shirts as well. If the property has a TV there may be some British programmes on it or you can get DVD,s. I do not live in Calis,higher up the mountain in Ovacik but Calis is warmer usually.There are often events which are organised by the Calis carnival committe and a car boot sale once a month.If you click on to Calis carnival and look at the pictures shown about the Christmas fair it will show you the seafront and give you an idea of the weather that day.  

There is a very good promenade with restaurants open along it which are very pleasant to sit in and admire the view of the bay. This stretches from Calis to Fethiye if you fance a walk.Good luck :)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 19:14:21 PM by Daffodil »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Calis Beach
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 19:43:07 PM »
Hi and a warm welcome to the Forum. November and December can be a lovely time to be here...weather can be a mixed bag but if you are lucky you can get a bit of a suntan.  We live in Fethiye itself which can be a tiny bit warmer and we have not put any heating on at all yet this year.  It is much quieter of course than Summer but if you like a bit of solitude it is easy to find and whilst many restaurants and bars do close down there is no shortages of places to eat and drink that do stay open. I am sure you won't be disappointed. :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Calis Beach
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 00:58:16 AM »
hi and welcome onboard. hope you have a nice break

Offline Mr Pickles

Calis Beach
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 08:47:56 AM »
Hi Ray, welcome to the forum

As you've probably gathered by the replies so far - can be very warm during the day, but b***dy cold when the sun goes down  :o

Ian

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Calis Beach
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 10:13:57 AM »
yes but!! nowhere as cold as the uk.
 you will be lucky if you get one frosty night during the winter unless your living in the mountains, but be prepared for a lot of rain, however when the sun does come out you can sunbathe..

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
Calis Beach
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 12:22:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ray.    Bruce

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf