Author Topic: "Swing and Sing" in Calis  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Pi55y

"Swing and Sing" in Calis
« on: February 24, 2010, 23:28:45 PM »
If you like the music of Glen Miller, the Rat Pack and the classic hits of the 40's and 50's, Calis Carnival Committee are inviting you to take a trip down memory lane when they hold an unusual evening of live music and song.

The nostalgic evening featuring swing music from the big band era will take place at the Koc Sun hotel in Calis on Friday 19 March. Live entertainment will be provided by popular talented local singer Paul Wynter (former Midlands Entertainer Of The Year) who will get you "In the Mood" to dance as well as by the ladies of Calis's own choir, the "Sunset Singers", who will be inviting you to sing along with them to some all time favourites.  Although themed dress for this unusual evening is optional, there will be a bottle of wine for the winner.

For the entrance price of only 20 TL guests will receive a three course meal of lentil soup or cheese rolls followed by a choice of either pan roasted chicken (plain or spiced) or Turkish meat balls, both with chips and salad, or a vegetarian dish of fresh vegetables and noodles served with a soy sauce. There will then be a choice apple pie and cream, lemon cheesecake or tiramisu for desert.

The management at the hotel will be donating 2 TL from every meal as well as a donation from their reasonably priced drinks to the Calis Carnival Charity, helping disadvantaged children in the Calis/Fethiye area. For guests who do not wish to drive, the hotel which is located on Baris Manco Bulvari (just past Aydin Pide), is also able to provide overnight accommodation.

As space is limited, booking is essential. Please e-mail me or contact the Calis Carnival Committee on 0535 8554919 or 0536 3739520 for more information and to book your table.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:34:18 AM »
This event is now fully booked  :).   Sorry to those who wanted to come but we are restricted by space.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 18:59:41 PM »
Glad to see that Calis is full of Swingers....

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 17:58:17 PM »
90 tickets sold and still two weeks to the event ~~~~ plus a lot of disapointed people still ringing for tickets Hopefully a good night will be had by all

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 16:28:52 PM »
Chrissie. My friend booked for 2 people. It is now 3.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 17:51:38 PM »
How was this event and in particular how was Paul Wynter?

Offline busybee

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 20:08:45 PM »
It was a brill nite, Paul sang his heart out and he was the best I'd
seen him.  Sunset singers were fantastic sang some great old numbers.  We had a good sing song at the end and some crazy dancin to round off the nite.

Offline busybee

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 20:18:38 PM »
It was a brill nite, Paul sang his heart out and he was the best I'd
seen him.  Sunset singers were fantastic sang some great old numbers.  We had a good sing song at the end and some crazy dancin to round off the nite.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 17:28:45 PM »
Thanks for your reponse- I say , thanks for your response!

Just sussed who 'Paul' is- der!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf