Author Topic: barbers  (Read 2564 times)

Offline bel.j

barbers
« on: May 27, 2010, 15:56:37 PM »
i have been a visitor to calis for over twenty years and this is the first time ive ever been ripped off.I went to the barbers called RUSH on the left hand side going towards the beach for a haircut.When i asked the young chap how much he said money no problem .After cutting my hair he then said it was 30 lira.When i checked other barbers i was advised the most i should have paid was ten lira.I was even more shocked after learning that an old chap at our hotel 89 years of age was also charged 30 lira.This is not fair the the visitors nor is it fair to the other traders on calis beach- i would advise anyone to go else where nut the  RUSH barbers !!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
barbers
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 16:12:21 PM »
Why didn't you insist on getting a price first, and why did you pay 30 TL anyway? I would have thrown 15 at him if I was feeling generous and walked out. I see you joined today to tell us this, no positive stories in your twenty years of visits to Calis were worth joining CBF to share with us I take it...

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
barbers
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 17:14:19 PM »
My brother is over he went to the same barber yesterday, had a shave haircut and his nails looked at was charged 45tl and thought it was cheap, he said he pays £30 for his hair in the Uk and he has less than me.
mark

Offline bel.j

barbers
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 17:34:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Why didn't you insist on getting a price first, and why did you pay 30 TL anyway? I would have thrown 15 at him if I was feeling generous and walked out. I see you joined today to tell us this, no positive stories in your twenty years of visits to Calis were worth joining CBF to share with us I take it...

lots of positive stories but its only right people are warned about these guys

Offline bel.j

barbers
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 17:37:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by karaokemark

My brother is over he went to the same barber yesterday, had a shave haircut and his nails looked at was charged 45tl and thought it was cheap, he said he pays £30 for his hair in the Uk and he has less than me.
mark

its certainly dearer then england and others are only ten lira just a total rip off other traders are not happy as he is giving the place a bad name when they are all trying to make a living

Offline bel.j

barbers
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 17:40:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by karaokemark

mark

yes but i was not in the u.k and its due the the fact that people tell the turks how much we pay over here they sre trying to charge high prices !

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
barbers
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 18:30:41 PM »
I suppose it depends on the haircut. My style is similar to our leaders and only involves running the cutters over my skull with no great skill involved. If you have hair and like it styled then the haircut will cost more. I use the barber on the same street as the Scarlett Bar and he charges 10 lira which I double up as he gives a massage and generally tidies up the other hair in my ears and nose which I wish would grow on my head.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 18:32:12 PM by John H »

Offline Bluwise

barbers
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 21:39:39 PM »
Well he's not going to have many customers if he continues to charge 3 times more than everyone else - at least we know where to avoid - or at least get a price first as suggested.

Anyway, I would want more than a mere 30tl to trim someone's nostrils or ears........uggghhh!!

Offline Mr Pickles

barbers
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 06:44:35 AM »
I thought this section of the forum was for 'New Member Introductions' [?]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
barbers
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 06:56:30 AM »
New Member complaints too apparently

Share me