Author Topic: Nails where to avoid and where to go  (Read 4590 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Nails where to avoid and where to go
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:06:09 AM »
As Mel is no longer doing nails due to her being pregnant again.  I went to Kangru opposite the Hello Cafein Fethiye, to make an appointment.  The place is owned by an English lady who is a Chiropodist she assured me that they could do acrylic infills.  When I turned up for the appointment a Turkish girl was do to my nails.  It started to dawn on me that this girl did not know what she was doing she was applying acrylic powder then glue and repeating the process, she did no preparation to my nails the result was bumpy lumpy nails that were a sticky mess.  The owner came through and I complained to her.  I asked her did she know about nails and she told me no. She said this had not happened before.  She apologised and left the shop.  The next English lady in the queue then decided she would not bother to get her nails done after looking at mine.   It cost me 30 YTL.
The next day we went to Booty, Hisanoru.  The staff all wanted to see my nails and where amazed at the mess they were in.   I had to have them soaked off and I got new set applied.  I was very happy with Booty totally professional. I even got some lovely nail art done.  Went back the next week and got a pedicure and Phil got a haircut.   Booty were really cheap compared to the U.K. and I will definitely be going back to them on my next visit.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:06:47 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline BM06

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 10:17:49 AM »
They do nice nails at the diy shop opposite the new bank in fethiye, they are all nice and straight with great big heads, i have never had a lumpy bumpy nail from this shop, highly recommend them:D:D PS. about 10 YTL a kilo depending on the size, very good price,cheaper than the UK:D ;)

Offline nuttybird

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 10:27:44 AM »
Booty all the way for me, I started going to them around 11 years ago when they were just the little barbers/beauticians in the grounds of St Nicks aparts, im so glad their shop is working out for them, I always have my pedicures done there, its like heaven to me!  :) xx

Offline Jenny1

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 10:55:07 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by nuttybird

Booty all the way for me, I started going to them around 11 years ago when they were just the little barbers/beauticians in the grounds of St Nicks aparts, im so glad their shop is working out for them, I always have my pedicures done there, its like heaven to me!  :) xx

Hi
how much do theycharge for a pedicure?
 Am at airport waiting to fly out, going to have a pedicure tomorrow!  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 11:11:39 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny1

quote:

Hi
how much do theycharge for a pedicure?
 Am at airport waiting to fly out, going to have a pedicure tomorrow!  :)

It's, believe it or not only 8 YTL which includes your choice of nail polish. :o

Offline BM06

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 11:28:15 AM »
10 ytl a kilo, depending on the size:D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:28:59 AM by BM06 »

Offline nuttybird

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 11:49:57 AM »
Have fun Jenny, give Elvis a big kiss from me(anna)LOL xx

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 11:52:41 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

As Mel   The next English lady in the queue then decided she would not bother to get her nails done after looking at mine.   It cost me 30 YTL.
 ;)

Thanks Jacqui -  the girls want to have a pamper day when we are over in July, so I'll remember Booty.   But why did you pay if you were so dissatisfied with them ?  It must have then cost you more to have them soaked off and redone teh following day ?!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 12:10:57 PM »
I should not have paid, but I felt so sorry for the girl who was in the middle of the argument and did not understand what we were saying.  When the owner left the girl asked me for the money and she was nearly in tears, so I paid up.
I know it cost me for the next set, but I was so pleased with them and the girl..Zenap(ask for her) was so good at the nail art, it was worth paying and was so cheap for the two hours it took to put them right.   I had so may comments about my nails in Fethiye and Calis. When I went back for the pedicure I got nail art on my two big toes... Ask about it, they show you sticks with false nails on them so you can pick the pattern or flowers you want.

Offline milliemars

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 17:11:11 PM »

I would not go back there for pedicure,the girl made my nail bleed and I had a lot of pain in one heel for a long time after.Had my hair cut there and found that to be really good cut.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf