Author Topic: advice on buying in calis  (Read 2197 times)

Offline espuna

advice on buying in calis
« on: January 04, 2005, 20:47:09 PM »
hello my name is bill and i come from merseyside...im going to calis at easter with a view to purchasing property...everyone i know has had a great time in turkey and say the locals are really friendly and helpful..im going to be staying at telemessos complex which i have been told is at the far end of the resort.....is it worth buying there ? does anyone on the site already own property there ... if they do id appreciate info about letting and standard of the facilities on site etc... cheers and look forward to any replies ... my nick name is espuna....comes from sierra espuna in s e spain a cracking natural park area...my fav in that part of spain...loooking in turkey for property now as spain has become ridiculously overpriced and overcrowded....jeezzz there are brits everywjere....lol...!!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 00:26:36 AM »
Hi espuna and welcome to the forum.
Can't comment on Telmessos as I've never been as far along as that.  Quite a few people on here have places there so someone will answer any questions you have soon.
Calis itself is a lovely laid back resort.  Quiet if that's what you want but at the same time lively enough if you know what I mean.
Lots to do in the surrounding area too.
Use the search facility for loads more info.
Good luck in your house hunting :)
Anne

Offline Chris & Patrick

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 13:38:47 PM »
Hi Espuna, welcome to the forum from another merseysider (chris) Like Anne, can't help with complex you ask about but can only reiterate what's been said, laid back but fun and excitement if you want it especially if you meet up with any of this lot off the forum - eh Anne?

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 23:11:23 PM »
Welcome Espuna,
There are plenty of members on this site who own in Telmessos, its a lovely place. Good luck with your house hunting at Easter!
Val

Offline Don

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:25:39 AM »
Hi espuna, We have a property on Telmessos and think its great,but we could be a bit biased. Its a lovely quiet complex with two pools, a shop/bar close to the beach and beach bars. just wish we were there now away from this awful weather! Happy house hunting Don

Offline Orange

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 09:23:20 AM »
Hi espuna,  welcome and good luck with your house hunt.  I am sure you will find lots of help from the people on Telemessos on here.

Offline mikeh

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 10:45:06 AM »
we looked at property on Telmessos but being at the far end of the beach its a long way from most things, our thoughts were that shopping might be a bit of a drag needing a taxi to haul it back to base. Also at night it ineviatbly means travelling the same roads to get where you want to go! It reminded us of an army barracks but thats just our opinion.... may be a little harsh. The property there is some years old and some have had a makeover others require it, check out the balcony and roof timbers although rebuilding is cheap and easy.

I dare say if you have a young family its a very safe location for kids to play in. I would use the time you have before you go to make a list of the all the must haves for your property in Calis and see if you can find something that fits your spec. Do your homework first and then you won't waste so much time when you are there. But you will have a great time!!!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 12:54:05 PM »
Hi Will, we have a property on telemessos,its a lovely site,very well maintained and safe,
security is very good there.There are two very good pools and small shop for essential groceries.There is about 50% british families on the site,it is out of the way a bit,two miles to calis and 5 miles to fethiye,we normally walk into calis along the beach or use the taxi's,very reasonable, dolmus buses also run past the site for Fethiye.
hope this helps in your quest,
Tinx

Offline Sinbad

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 15:42:45 PM »
We are also down in the quiet area but nearer to the Alperin. We dont have a pool to worry about.
When we want the bright lights for a night out it is not that far in to Calis or Fethiye by car, taxi or Dolmas - even a push bike by day is fun as the hills are few.
We have had great meals at the Berlik and the Alperin this past year. In fact in December Dermus at the Berlik did a fantastic lamb casserole for the four of us.
We are very happy with our little piece of Turkey

Offline Suzanne

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 13:25:33 PM »
An Army Barricks!!
Bet my dad wished his barricks had been like Telmessos lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf